Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Propane water heaters

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nicky

We’re or what company’s did you buy your water heaters from on eBay they don’t have any of the £90 ones only £200 thanks in advance        Nicky

I bought a Cointra heater, its to replace my previous one which ran for 5 years, really like them, Made in Spain, simple and efficient and last longer than the Chinese ones , get them on Amazon £189 

I’ve bought two this year from Germany from a guy called amonstar on eBay.

i always go for the stainless ones myself with the digital temp display after my first one lasted 4-5 years until it froze and cracked then I bought another, didn’t think it would be that cold one night in feb and broke another after a few weeks use?

Lesson learnt and will make the effort to drain it down next year?

These heaters do you have to put a flue pipe through the van roof and how hot/warm does the water get and wot is the advantage of one...

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Mine is bolted to the back door of my van. I leave the door open with a padlock and chain mechanism.

Two big advantages I.m.o, the first is that if your tackling really grimy frames/conny roof/ SFG, they are much easier with hot.

Secondly, in the icy weather the hoses are a joy to work with when hot. They are a doddle to wind in/out, and of course keep your hands nice and warm 

I use a 19kg bottle every 3 weeks or so, I normally stop using it around now through the summer months but this year I’m gonna keep running it for the sake of a £26 bottle of gas every 3 weeks, gives a better scrub melts the snail trails,yellow bug poo, bird poo In summer and helps generally scrub dirt easier off and as said makes the hose nicer to hold and move!!

i have mine bolted just inside back door away from any possible wind blowing flame out, I’ve never bothered with a flue pipe as I leave a door open but you can get flex pipe on eBay for pounds.

you need to make sure all your water pipe fittings coming out hot side are properly secure as everything wants to leak with hot water, double jubilee clip if needed!

the only thing I’d say be careful with using it too hot in winter time, i cracked a glass firstcweek of using it a few years ago but I shouldn’t have been working, there was white frost all over the ground and I was using it at red hot temps!!!

nos I’ve found 25-30 degrees max is perfect for me.

So you must have to tell your insurance company that you have a propane water heater &a gas cylinder in the van and how much extra do the premiums go up

I recommend Rinnai indoor hot water heater, stable warm water. The temperature is adjustable up to 120 which, when mixed with our cold water, is a good temperature. 

Back