Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Getting rid of marks on glass.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

laurend

Hi ,

I’ve just taken on a small block of flats and all the balcony doors have a heavy amount of Marks on them.

I thought it was limescale or something similar but cannot shift them.

Tried a scraper and limescale remover but still heavily marked .

Any suggestions what else to try please?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Hi ,

I’ve just taken on a small block of flats and all the balcony doors have a heavy amount of Marks on them.

I thought it was limescale or something similar but cannot shift them.

Tried a scraper and limescale remover but still heavily marked .

Any suggestions what else to try please?
A scraper is normally as heavy as it gets mate... I'm sure there is a way but it might be best to get some pics for some of the experienced guys to look over for you?

Thanks, I’ll try and remember to get some pics.
A mate of mine has suggested bronze wool but not sure it won’t scratch the glass.
Personally I would walk from it with some pics and ask the guys on here. I know that stuff is used but couldn't tell you what it does. If you already have the job its probably worth telling the customer that you have found these marks don't move with traditional methods, you can get them up to standard but it will cost £xx and then back to the normal price afterwards.... Once you know how you're gonna remove them of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve had discussion with the customers and explained they won’t come off using the usual methods, they are happy for me to try something else next time I go, so just looking for another method.
Tell them you want to send some pics off to your suppliers or something, that will give you a reason to go back. Without much further investigation you aren't gonna get any further on the next clean mate.

Latest Posts

Back