Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

T costing me time and money

WCF

Help Support WCF:

It’s a nice problem to have Tench, but as you say it can eat into your day.

Theres days where I get offered loads and others where I’m absolutely gasping for a brew!

What, apart from tea have you been offered?

ive had home made soup & bread, cheese on toast, the odd cheeky beer on a hot day, a dram of whiskey in the winter...

sure feels good to be appreciated...?

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have an old lady customer who offered me bread pudding one day. I said "yes please" and told her I love the stuff. Next thing, every visit she happened to be baking it! I had to text her previous eveningdue to a locked gate so I think she cooked it knowing I was coming round. The same old bird made me a pile of sandwiches one day when I'd forgot my lunch, and I always got offered a coffee when I was there. I'm gutted as she has recently sold her house ?

I know what you mean though Tench, with some, once you've said no once, they never offer it again. It can certainly make your hourly rate plummet, especially if they come out and start gassing!

If u cant enjoy a cuppa wen working then that's just SAD.

Sometimes if I'm thirsty I'll drop a hint like oh I'm desperate for drink/my bottle run out normally works

4 cups today lol u can't turn them away as u won't get offered again grrrr not a bad problem but defo a problem
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
View attachment 13731View attachment 13732View attachment 13733

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Hope you had a moan at her, not a biscuit in sight ?

It’s a nice problem to have Tench, but as you say it can eat into your day.
Theres days where I get offered loads and others where I’m absolutely gasping for a brew!

What, apart from tea have you been offered?
ive had home made soup & bread, cheese on toast, the odd cheeky beer on a hot day, a dram of whiskey in the winter...

sure feels good to be appreciated...[emoji106]

I ended up steaming one Christmas when I popped in for a drink with an Aul lad on my round . He was 70 odd retired and loves a drink , Christmas spirit got the better of me and I had to bus it home 10 mile and leave the van in his drive over night . He’s dead now and I’m glad I got full with him that Christmas [emoji481][emoji481]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I normally stand on a bench like that to do the front windows till I fell through it. Ended up fixing it with long bolts but other customer gave me a cup of tea and biscuits while I was fixing it. I talk to most of my customers but I only have 30 so not so time consuming.

I'm quite lucky because I can nail a brew in about 2 minutes, the wife tells me I have an asbestos mouth.

The problem is all the brews come in one day. I worked 5 hours for a guy the other day, boiling hot and in the middle of nowhere with no shop in sight, he kept coming out with a drink in his hand and never offered me anything. It was my own fault for not remembering my flask but I couldn't let a guy do half hours work without offering him a brew let alone 5 hours!!

I don't tend to stop and drink a brew except for a few  chatting customers I realy don't mind stopping for ten minutes with. I have recently started carrying a travel mug in the van. When offered a brew I ask if they will make it in that as it stays hot for longer. No knocking to give cup back, ticket in letter box coffee in cup holder an off to the next job. 

Latest Posts

Back