Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New brush and 1.5mm jets... me no like

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Fancied a change myself all of last week, so put 50 degree fans in for half the week, then 100 degree fans for the second half.

Didn’t like either. I think 2mm pencils instantly build up enough water to make more of a hydrophilic reaction, whereas the fans spray to fine of a mist to do this so took me longer to rinse.

This is a subjective topic, so those who prefer fan jets, wind your necks in ?
Haha! I know how to use them properly. Neck stays where it is. ?

Anyone tried the Gardiner Micro Jet rinse bars? Gonna be ordering an Xtreme pole this week and a 35cm brush and I'm really tempted by the rinse bar if it means I can rinse on.

I did reduce the setting from 50 down to 30 but still had mist, the problem is though the circles on the glass were still very small compared to 2mm, so reducing it further would reduce the size of the circles meaning more passes left to right chasing beads down the glass.  For the windows that cascade it is fine, could probably clean them with 0.5mm jets but the amount of houses that have the windows that don't cascade is very high, life would be easy if they all cascade.

I used the 1.4mm for a conny roof clean yesterday and it was absolutely fine, perfect for it.  I didn't have a water issue and spent over 2 hours actually cleaning it, the added pressure helps blasts the dirt out of the nuts and crannys without using excess water.  When finished I noticed that I had loads of water left over though, when I worked it out I've only used around 65 litres.  Quite surprising really, I had expected to use around 100 litres and this is still accounting for the smaller jets.  

For the windows though I just cannot see how using smaller jets is easier.  When I used them for cleaning windows I didn't actually save much water as I spent ages rinsing, to the point my arms were aching.

I'm not saying I know better as obviously I've only just started using them, it's just my initial thoughts.  Think I'll try a tap as Stevieboy suggested with 3mm jets to get an understanding of both ends of the spectrum.
I have mine set at 25 at the moment with the warm weather, if you have a lot of jobs with hydrophobic glass then rinsing might be an issue, most of my jobs have hydrophilic glass, don't forget as the weather warms up you also need to reduce the Cal this will also prevent the water from bouncing off the windows I reduced my Cal down by from 65 to 61 

Must admit I tried the fans and they didn't last long, to be fair I was doubtful about them beforehand as the thought of water going above the brush worries me, each to their own.
Which way did you have your fan jets in???? Did you have them spraying top to bottom rather than along the brush???? How’s the water going above the brush?

Which way did you have your fan jets in???? Did you have them spraying top to bottom rather than along the brush???? How’s the water going above the brush?
I think you can fit them in two ways. One way sends pure up the way and the other down the way. I have 4 jets two going up the way and two going down the way, not had a chance to change them.

Latest Posts

Back