Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

good cheap starting out van sub £1500.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lee89

Evening Guys

so I’ve recently started out on my own and while I can carry all the gear I need in my car it isn’t ideal at all as soon I will no doubt wreck my pride and joy!! And I want a water tank. 

so I’m looking for a cheap van. Ideally one under the £1500 mark. 

Does anyone know someone selling one or can recommend a model to look for. 

I did have a 1.9d Citroen Berlingo Years back that seemed bullet proof as it was so so basic. Should have kept that in hindsite ?. 

Evening Guys

so I’ve recently started out on my own and while I can carry all the gear I need in my car it isn’t ideal at all as soon I will no doubt wreck my pride and joy!! And I want a water tank. 

I did have a 1.9d Citroen Berlingo Years back that seemed bullet proof as it was so so basic. Should have kept that in hindsite ?. 

Others on the forum are better placed to recommend vans, however worth finding out the payload of vans you are interested in if you intend to have a water tank etc. They can vary quit a bit.

Good and cheap don’t usually go hand in hand. I learnt this the hard way. I was on a tight budget, bought a Kangoo for £1600. Then it went tits up after a week. Then it was a battle with the garage I bought it from to get the money back. I was on the verge of packing it all in. Then I went the local Ford garage, was surprised to find they’d give me finance with no fuss. The monthly payments are a fair whack, but had a brand new, reliable van that didn’t need MOTing for 3 years. Any problems then Ford could sort it out. I got a Connect. 

My point is stretch yourself to get a better van than £1500s worth, if you’re in window cleaning for the long run it will pay off. With old cheap vans, I spent a fortune on repair bills over the years and also lost money with days off where van was broke or in the garage. 

Obviously if if you can’t get finance and budget is low then I’m sure there are decent vans out there, maybe I just had bad luck. But it is a minefield. If you buy a second hand motor then get someone who is mechanically minded to go with you and suss it out before you part with cash ?

And I feel your pain with using the car, I did it to begin with and it was a real PITA! Once you get a van you wont look back!

Evening Guys

2 pointers,

1. Can’t go wrong with a transit 

2. You shouldn’t start a sentence with ‘so’ ?

Good luck ?

Thanks for the advice chaps. 

Ill go and have a look at ford and see what they are offering at the moment. 

Or carry on using the car for a few months and save a bit more to stretch to a newer van. 

It it would be easy if I just sold my car but I have quite an attachment to this one haha. 

Back