Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on buying a round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ricky.

Hi everyone new to the forum, I’ve been thinking of buying a round was just after some advice and things to look out for when going through the whole process + positives and negatives from anyone who’s experienced buying a round ..I’ve been a window cleaner for 17 years mainly for companies both commercial and domestic and think it’s about time I tried going it alone and work for myself.

Any suggestions and help would be welcomed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest tip I would give, is to go out cleaning with the guy selling the round.

This way you get to meet your new customers.

Generally rounds go between 4-6 times the value of the round.

Important to make sure the round is compact so you’re not constantly moving your vehicle.

Make sure you get contact details of your customers 

I’ll try to think of some more ?

Thanks for the reply mate all good advice.

I will definitely go meet all the customers before committing to anything??

Do you have your own round? If so how long you been doing it? How do you find it being self employed + getting new customers etc 

Thanks for the reply mate all good advice.

I will definitely go meet all the customers before committing to anything??

Do you have your own round? If so how long you been doing it? How do you find it being self employed + getting new customers etc 
Yes got my own round. I did have two but sold one off to my mate and ex employee Danny.

Been at it for roughly 26 years.

Any new customers I now sell off to another windie I’m friendly with as my round is full.

Being self employed has its perks, but sometimes can be a pain when problems arise.

Goid luck 

I have sold a few rounds off in past years & i took the new cleaner with me for 6 weeks to be sure he met most of customers & checked the work out ! So no come backs to me as well .

I bought a round 3 times the value which I thought was fair,i went with the seller who I was actually working with at the time even though all the customers new me I thought it was the right thing to do plus he was cleaning traditional and I use wfp and I explained how it worked as a good few of them where senior citizens all worked out great.

Back