Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Micro-bubbles in Water After Fitting ReelMaster Reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

QPRMinty

Hello all.

Last weekend I fitted a ReelMaster electric reel, from Pure Freedom, but now I'm getting little 'micro-bubbles' in my flow, which is making it difficult to determine bits on the glass from the bubbles when rinsing.

The flow is really strong, but there's just loads of micro-bubbles sheeting down the glass.

Today, I've checked everything over in the system, and eventually hooked my old manual reel, and hey presto, no bubbles.

So, I now know it's definitely something to do with the ReelMaster. I've unreeled the whole 100 meters to check the plumbing where the reel hose is connected to the reel, and there's no leaks at all there.

There is, however, what looks like a breather hole in the large brass outlet fitting they put on the ReelMaster - I'm not sure why it's there. But I have seen some water drops weeping from that, so I taped it over with Duct Tape, but I still have bubbles.

Please, has anyone had this same experience with the ReelMaster and knows how to fix it?

Or does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be the issue?

It's really annoying!

Thanks for reading.

Matt

Sounds like it’s drawing air are you sure the hose to the reel and the reel to the microbore hose are tight and it’s not sucking in air ????? .

i had a situation years ago with a batch of faulty hose which caused this ,from a very famous supplier so might lay to try another hose just to make sure 

Sounds like it’s drawing air are you sure the hose to the reel and the reel to the microbore hose are tight and it’s not sucking in air ????? .

i had a situation years ago with a batch of faulty hose which caused this ,from a very famous supplier so might lay to try another hose just to make sure 

Hi Pjj,

Everything seems airtight. I'll have another look and nip it all up a bit more, if possible.

Then , as you suggest, I may have to try my old hose on the new reel. That sounds like fun! ?

sometimes  the water can react inside the hose whether new or old, it should be totally fine within a few minutes at most, clean your own windows in the morning before setting out to work and it may be totally fine, if it is then happy days 

If its new hose then that the cause but it will soon disappear once the water in the hose has been exchanged with 'new.'

It won't be sucking air in at the hose reel as that section is under pressure. If air is being drawn in anywhere it will be before the pump and only when the water level in the tank is lower than the pumps inlet. Air can be drawn in at the filter or either of those connections.

Latest Posts

Back