Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wanted: Internal Ladder Rack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mx19

I'm after an internal ladder rack, I would make one but don't have the time or tools readily available. £190 for a new one is slightly out of my range!! Just incase someone has something lying around. Or even just 2 metal Brackets that I can attach to the inner ceiling of my van and put a triple extension ladder in there!

Something like this:

Screenshot 2020-02-07 at 18.08.42.png

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thats exactly what I was trying to think of! Thanks mate

Whats the best way to fix it to the roof do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn’t bother with those as they are not heavy duty enough for a ladder plus it’s a ball ache to climb inside the van with a ladder and hang it. Maybe if it was a small pointer that you only use every now and again but not for say a double extension that you’ll be using every day. Better off with a roof rack. Much easier, safer and will free up space in the van. Only plus side to keeping your ladders in the van is for security and they will be nice and warm in the winter. It would be a good idea to get a high top and make a shelf to slide the ladders on instead of a rack and will just use the same space but I carry a 4m triple so I’d need a very long van. 

I wouldn’t bother with those as they are not heavy duty enough for a ladder plus it’s a ball ache to climb inside the van with a ladder and hang it. Maybe if it was a small pointer that you only use every now and again but not for say a double extension that you’ll be using every day. Better off with a roof rack. Much easier, safer and will free up space in the van. Only plus side to keeping your ladders in the van is for security and they will be nice and warm in the winter. It would be a good idea to get a high top and make a shelf to slide the ladders on instead of a rack and will just use the same space but I carry a 4m triple so I’d need a very long van. 
Thanks for that but I’m moving away from roof rack I have underground parking and can fit my van in that but won’t with a roof rack. Hence the reason to hang inside. 

20200208_143436.jpgIt's better if you can slide it in on edge along a shelf that has a lip on the outside edge. I fitted my shelf down the right hand side side, in line with the edge of the cargo area, so that I can simply slide it in and out with very little effort and without having to get in the van. A short bungee and single hook secures it in place. The shelf is an offcut of plastic soffit.

My van looks a bit cluttered, but every piece of equipment is used.

Yeah I looked at that Unfortunately due to the length of the van and the ladder and the way it’s set up to only option is hanging from the roof.

Whats the best way to fix it to the roof do you think?
Sorry Max missed your post...self tapping screw/bolts into the channels which run across (from one side to the other side) the roof - just make sure they are short enough not to pierce the roof - and go for a fairly deep thread so it's nice and secure, perhaps secure in 2-3 places on each hook so it's as firm as..? 

Latest Posts

Back