Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

W.H.O ditch cash for contactless

WCF

Help Support WCF:

BigFoot

Iv thought for a while that any opportunity to get the masses to change over to contactless payment would be grasped by big brother and it seams Coronavirus is another method to push it. I do use contactless payment like Gocardless, bank transfer and iZettle for customers however I have serious lack of trust in banks and not a very high opinion of people in government, I dislike myself for becoming reliant on them. I think in my lifetime physical currency will be a thing of the past. Big shame if you ask me.

https://apple.news/AfzLhv2WPSnu_scywVpcTog

@BigFoot after reading this yesterday I ordered a izettle card reader straight away, getting rid of the dirty cash, most who do pay me cash are retired people who are nearly always at home, with these it would be just as easy to pay contactless via the card reader, it would hold me up a little processing payments but it would mean I wouldn't have to carry money or go to the bank on weekend and do a 20 mile round trip just to pay money in

I have 300 on GC so the numbers will grow with that overtime and slowly reduce the need for other payment types. 

@BigFoot after reading this yesterday I ordered a izettle card reader straight away, getting rid of the dirty cash, most who do pay me cash are retired people who are nearly always at home, with these it would be just as easy to pay contactless via the card reader, it would hold me up a little processing payments but it would mean I wouldn't have to carry money or go to the bank on weekend and do a 20 mile round trip just to pay money in

I have 300 on GC so the numbers will grow with that overtime and slowly reduce the need for other payment types. 
Pretty quick using iZettel not a noticeable difference in time at the door, all recorded for hmrc too. Nice and simple. Cashless will happen for everyone sooner or later, personally I’d prefer to go back to gold and silver coins ? 

Pretty quick using iZettel not a noticeable difference in time at the door, all recorded for hmrc too. Nice and simple. Cashless will happen for everyone sooner or later, personally I’d prefer to go back to gold and silver coins ? 
Its just a cycle like everything in life. They said the same with pivot windows and electric car washes. I like what Sweden Govenment told all their citizens in the event of war. I think they were talking about a cyber war. They said make sure you have plenty of Cash close at hand. Sweden is the most cashless society in the world. The moment the banks stop refunding folk who lose their money to IT fraud then cash will make a come back. What would happen if a hacker attacks go cashless and all the transactions disappear? The taxman will blame you for not backing them up. I don't think IT will ever be 100% safe and that's why Cash will always be king. fwiw

Its just a cycle like everything in life. They said the same with pivot windows and electric car washes. I like what Sweden Govenment told all their citizens in the event of war. I think they were talking about a cyber war. They said make sure you have plenty of Cash close at hand. Sweden is the most cashless society in the world. The moment the banks stop refunding folk who lose their money to IT fraud then cash will make a come back. What would happen if a hacker attacks go cashless and all the transactions disappear? The taxman will blame you for not backing them up. I don't think IT will ever be 100% safe and that's why Cash will always be king. fwiw
I get your an avid reader so will take in some of what you say, perception and a very big fact  is that cash is king for those who prefer not declare their cash and are on the wrong side of tracks Pablo Escobar was always a cash is king man into the millions ?

I've got a SumUp card reader but rarely use it these days...maybe 2 or 3 times a week?most of my customers pay by BACS which is my preferred method of payment.of course I still get cash payments too but its dwindling all the time.....but I always like to have a bit of cash on me personally.i also take the odd  card payment over the phone.....

Latest Posts

Back