Reach For The Glass

Extension leads

Reach For The Glass

Hi guys 

For all of you that use extension leads with your vacs, what brand do you recommend and what length.

ill be using a 3000w vac And thinking of getting 2. First would be shorter maybe 15m for normal house , and a second maybe 40-50m long for bigger jobs.

thanks

Pjj
40 minutes ago, Reach For The Glass said:

Hi guys 

For all of you that use extension leads with your vacs, what brand do you recommend and what length.

ill be using a 3000w vac And thinking of getting 2. First would be shorter maybe 15m for normal house , and a second maybe 40-50m long for bigger jobs.

thanks

I bought the cable and fittings and made them myself , mine was a 110 volt 3600 watt machine ,cable was expensive though I made two 25 meter ones due to the thickness of the cable they are also very heavy 

Reach For The Glass

Cheers dude.

thought about doing this, 2.5 arctic cable on an empty reel with just a rcd 13a plug on one end and socket on the other.

Pjj
3 minutes ago, Reach For The Glass said:

Cheers dude.

thought about doing this, 2.5 arctic cable on an empty reel with just a rcd 13a plug on one end and socket on the other.

Mine was 110 32 amp cable it’s different to mains 240 volt , it’s as thick as your finger and heavy as lead 😂😂

Reach For The Glass

Oh no forget that. Mines only 230/240v so Arctic will be fine, but to be fair so would a normal reel probably 

Pjj
9 minutes ago, Reach For The Glass said:

Oh no forget that. Mines only 230/240v so Arctic will be fine, but to be fair so would a normal reel probably 

Just make sure you take all the cable off the drum as it will get hot if you don’t , my grippvac 2400 watt 240 vac heats up the lead quite quickly if I dint take it all off