Jump to content

The universal brushes


Recommended Posts

Looking to order new brushes for pvc cleaning. Has anyone tried the universal flocked brush? Currently I’m using a flocked ultimate that I got cheap at the time as it was short bristled and on sale. Fed up using old brushes aswell and also fanjets getting snapped 

Link to post

Well the good news is the new style jets don't snap. We use the medium mixed universal and like those, flocked should be very effective but rinse off the glass.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Martyn said:

Well the good news is the new style jets don't snap. We use the medium mixed universal and like those, flocked should be very effective but rinse off the glass.

Yes that’s also why I’m looking to get the new brushes for the capsules

Link to post
Alex Gardiner
10 hours ago, CHWS said:

Looking to order new brushes for pvc cleaning. Has anyone tried the universal flocked brush? Currently I’m using a flocked ultimate that I got cheap at the time as it was short bristled and on sale. Fed up using old brushes aswell and also fanjets getting snapped 

Hi CHWS

Just picking up on your comment about the fanjets getting snapped - couple of questions:

1. Are these the old style fanjets?

2. Are you using a univalve?

😀

 

Link to post
13 hours ago, Alex Gardiner said:

Hi CHWS

Just picking up on your comment about the fanjets getting snapped - couple of questions:

1. Are these the old style fanjets?

2. Are you using a univalve?

😀

 

Hi Alex yes they are the old style ones and using a univalve , I always managed to hit they of a down spout when going in behind them 

Link to post
scottish cleaning service
3 minutes ago, CHWS said:

Hi Alex yes they are the old style ones and using a univalve , I always managed to hit they of a down spout when going in behind them 

My old 100% fan jets lasted a week before breaking. Ended up boring the hole wider and gluing the clear hose right into the brush hole with the broken jet still inplace. Still works to this day but I have moved on to the new style jets which are fantastic.

Link to post
Alex Gardiner
1 hour ago, CHWS said:

Hi Alex yes they are the old style ones and using a univalve , I always managed to hit they of a down spout when going in behind them 

If the old style jets where breaking when catching behind a down spout then you will not have this issue with the newer style Jet Capsule jets 😀

If using a Univalve make sure that you have a clip fitted on the gooseneck hose to prevent the univalve action from pulling on the hose into the back of the new jets - repetitive actuating of the Univalve and the subsequent pulling on the jet hose can damage the back of the jet capsules. You can use either the clip that the makers of Univalve sell or a small O clip.

Edited by Alex Gardiner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
2 hours ago, Alex Gardiner said:

If the old style jets where breaking when catching behind a down spout then you will not have this issue with the newer style Jet Capsule jets 😀

If using a Univalve make sure that you have a clip fitted on the gooseneck hose to prevent the univalve action from pulling on the hose into the back of the new jets - repetitive actuating of the Univalve and the subsequent pulling on the jet hose can damage the back of the jet capsules. You can use either the clip that the makers of Univalve sell or a small O clip.

I've found the Hose Stops that have been recently devoloped by Skxawng to be superb. They hold the hose really well, they are super easy to adjust, they look smart and professional. The action of switching on and off the Univalve is much more positive as there is less bounce than there was with the little plastic clips.

Another important point : it's good to support another fledgling developer/manufacturer in our own trade and our own country.

  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Crystalalan
On 19/04/2020 at 07:51, CHWS said:

Looking to order new brushes for pvc cleaning. Has anyone tried the universal flocked brush? Currently I’m using a flocked ultimate that I got cheap at the time as it was short bristled and on sale. Fed up using old brushes aswell and also fanjets getting snapped 

I have a 35cm universal flocked brush. With 4 jet holes. Its the black one with blue edges. sIts pretty heavy and I find the bristles too short for my liking so on that basis I wouldnt recommend it

Link to post
2 hours ago, Crystalalan said:

I have a 35cm universal flocked brush. With 4 jet holes. Its the black one with blue edges. sIts pretty heavy and I find the bristles too short for my liking so on that basis I wouldnt recommend it

Thanks I thought I read somewhere before that people preferred a supreme compares to it 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.