Gardiner Flocked Brush on Paintwork???

ShropsWindowCleaner

ShropsWindowCleaner

Hi all. I have a Gardiner flocked black bristle brush. Would it be safe to use on vehicle paintwork? 

11 minutes ago, ShropsWindowCleaner said:

Hi all. I have a Gardiner flocked black bristle brush. Would it be safe to use on vehicle paintwork? 

Yes you can but any brush can scratch vehicle paintwork especially noticeable on dark colours , we use one to wash the vans 

Flocked brushes are very thick, bristle wise, so make sure it's clean before you do so. Also check regularly for any small bits of grit that you might pick up whilst cleaning wheels and around the sills

steve garwood
54 minutes ago, ShropsWindowCleaner said:

No, don’t risk it if your van is dark coloured. Invest in a G technique microfibre mitt. 
Use a two bucket method (u tube it).

One little mishap with that brush and you’ll have swirl marks all over the vehicle. It will then need machine polishing to remove them.

Good luck 🙂👨‍🦰

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
RWCleaning
9 hours ago, steve garwood said:

No, don’t risk it if your van is dark coloured. Invest in a G technique microfibre mitt. 

One little mishap with that brush and you’ll have swirl marks all over the vehicle. It will then need machine polishing to remove them.

Good luck 🙂👨‍🦰

I’ve never heard of the two bucket method, so you tubed it. Yeh interesting, Seems simple & common sense now! Cheers.

On one of the recommendations videos had a guy using show foam. Is there anyone/anywhere that sells a snow foam sprayer where you don’t need a pressure washer? Or do you have to have a pressure for it to work? 

14 hours ago, steve garwood said:

Good luck 🙂👨‍🦰

You can also get a special bucket with a grill in the bottom that collects all the grit to save using two👍
I think maguires make one. 

4 hours ago, RWCleaning said:

I’ve never heard of the two bucket method, so you tubed it. Yeh interesting, Seems simple & common sense now! Cheers.

On one of the recommendations videos had a guy using show foam. Is there anyone/anywhere that sells a snow foam sprayer where you don’t need a pressure washer? Or do you have to have a pressure for it to work? 

You need pressure for snow foam and not all snow foams are equal.

steve garwood
1 hour ago, Cleanco said:

You can also get a special bucket with a grill in the bottom that collects all the grit to save using two👍
I think maguires make one. 

You are supposed to use two buckets, both with the grill fitted.

I had my van polished and ceramic coated recently and the guy who did it ran me through the whole process of how to clean it properly. Quite an eye opener 👨‍🦰

36 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

I had my van polished and ceramic coated recently and the guy who did it ran me through the whole process of how to clean it properly. Quite an eye opener 👨‍🦰

The worst bit about that is, when you look outside and see someone cleaning their car with 1 bucket and a sponge. I could hear the paint scraping/scratching as the guy over the road cleaned his😖

• Agree 1
RWCleaning
4 hours ago, Martyn said:

You need pressure for snow foam and not all snow foams are equal.

Ah I see.
Is there any hand held snow foam thing you can buy (plugged into a hose) or is it all from a pressure washer then?

RWCleaning
2 hours ago, steve garwood said:

Yeh now you’ve brought it to my attention, it’s just interesting. I clean my van most Sundays when I fill up on Sunday evenings. I just use the pole & pure water. I’ve always liked it as it literally take 5-7 minutes as it doesn’t get too dirty as I do it most weeks. But I was looking at the paint work closely today and yeh you’re right about swirls. Mine aren’t that noticeable as it’s a light blue van and it’s 10 years old anyway. But for my new van next year hopefully I’ve taken on Board your advice 

Wind o kleen
1 hour ago, RWCleaning said:

Ah I see.
Is there any hand held snow foam thing you can buy (plugged into a hose) or is it all from a pressure washer then?

Yes you can get them that plug into your garden hose try a motor facters Ime guessing they will sell them 

steve garwood
3 hours ago, RWCleaning said:

Yeh now you’ve brought it to my attention, it’s just interesting. I clean my van most Sundays when I fill up on Sunday evenings. I just use the pole & pure water. I’ve always liked it as it literally take 5-7 minutes as it doesn’t get too dirty as I do it most weeks. But I was looking at the paint work closely today and yeh you’re right about swirls. Mine aren’t that noticeable as it’s a light blue van and it’s 10 years old anyway. But for my new van next year hopefully I’ve taken on Board your advice 

Think you’d be better off just buying a K2 Karcher and spray bottle, neither are expensive 👨‍🦰