Lithium batteries

steve garwood

Good evening fellow windies. Treated myself to a new DeWalt 18v 5.0AH cordless drill today.

Is it best to use lithium batteries until they are drained, or charge them as soon as you have used them? Thanks 🙂👨‍🦰

They have no memory effect so charge after use. 

The battery management built into the battery should stop it over discharging and over charging as it's a decent brand should be great.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

Good evening fellow windies. Treated myself to a new DeWalt 18v 5.0AH cordless drill today.

Is it best to use lithium batteries until they are drained, or charge them as soon as you have used them? Thanks 🙂👨‍🦰

Thought this was a window Cleaning  forum not a B&Q info line 😂😂😂😂😂 . On a serious note I dont think lithium batteries develop a memory I wouldn’t re charge it after 5 muinits use but if used for a reasonable time then charging it up won’t hurt it , that’s the way I charged mine years ago .  

• Haha 3
38 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Thought this was a window Cleaning  forum not a B&Q info line 😂😂😂😂😂 . On a serious note I dont think lithium batteries develop a memory I wouldn’t re charge it after 5 muinits use but if used for a reasonable time then charging it up won’t hurt it , that’s the way I charged mine years ago .  

Thanks. The subject is in the chit chat section so all is cool 👍👨‍🦰

My makita ones I just charge when it runs out and chuck another on as I have 3.

Son charges his after use with no issues either.

The makita charger is awesome and fully charges in 15 minutes. 

• Like 1