When posting in Classifieds, please add either the Sale or Want tag to your post and ensure you also set it as a prefix.

Wanted - 50m Hose Reel for 12mm Garden Hose

DeLaCruz

Looking for a good quality 50m reel for my 12mm hose extension (garden hose basically ) - ideally a metal one. In Cornwall so let me know if you have a decent one going second hand - thanks

Sonicthesplash

Screwfix have a decent quality metal one (manual) for £25.99 on a swivel bracket. You will need to fix it to something sturdy in your van Machine Mart do a wheeled trolley which will take 91 meters of heavy duty 19mm hose and costs £113.99. Static fire hose reels are also mass produced and are available in various configurations including motorised. It depends how comfortable you are with fabricating and fitting. These are worth looking into for the durability they offer, they are more expensive but maybe not when compared to a WFP hose reel. I am sure there will be people able to offer plenty of more cost effective and suitable alternatives so I shall be following as I am shopping for these at the moment too.

This looks decent, it is stainless so should keep looking good for longer. The only thing which puts me off is that I really need a bigger reel for the feed from the tap so flow is not restricted. I will be using 19mm and this capacity is 40m in 13mm so will probably take around 28m of 19mm for me, not quite enough.  https://marshallsgarden.com/products/flopro-professional-metal-hose-reel-10904425?variant=32034976825395&currency=GBP&ds_rl=1278790&ds_rl=1284267&ds_rl=1278790&ds_rl=1284267&gclid=CjwKCAjw0On8BRAgEiwAincsHNctAosLX3rFOK7h3qZIxIDagiPxHp0rBi_XUvyTEC16wV9Tch2dJhoC8IIQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by Sonicthesplash
9 hours ago, DeLaCruz said:

Thanks for the suggestions man - that link you posted looks really good just a shame it can’t hold 50m of 12mm. Found this reel bit tbh looks flimsy in comparison:

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/hose-reels/products/claber-metal-reel

I have got some of the claber  reels for half inch hose they are ok but the centre spindles are plastic and do break if you arnt careful they also rust at an alarming rate 😂😂😂 I cannot believe Ime saying this but the pure freedom stainless steel free standing reel is a good one they also do a powder coated one that’s a bit cheaper 

A0F3964D-023C-4D6A-970C-6583136523C2.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Pjj said:

I have got some of the claber  reels for half inch hose they are ok but the centre spindles are plastic and do break if you arnt careful they also rust at an alarming rate 😂😂😂 I cannot believe Ime saying this but the pure freedom stainless steel free standing reel is a good one they also do a powder coated one that’s a bit cheaper 

A0F3964D-023C-4D6A-970C-6583136523C2.png

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Yeah they (the pure freedom) look good to me although quite expensive compared with the Marshalls one that sonic posted - wonder if the Marshall one would be overloaded if you put the full 50m of 12mm hose on it (in the picture it looks quite a lot of space on the reel fully loaded but not sure how long the hose in that pic is obviously).

Anyone own one of the Marshall reels let us know what you think ? cheers