Jump to content

To jobs i did today


tench0771

Recommended Posts

scottish cleaning service

Did a patio and a driveway clean today.

black one (2).jpg

white one (2).jpg

Just now, scottish cleaning service said:

Did a patio and a driveway clean today.

black one (2).jpg

white one (2).jpg

can't beat instant results to make the customer a happy camper.

Link to post
scottish cleaning service

Another thing I learned on that PW job yesterday that I will let you in on. The house didn't have an outside tap so I used the woman's kitchen tap and put hose through window. It was my first time and I thought it would turn out a disaster but went well. The connection I used is below and I have a few few more connections on my way, one of them screws into the inside of the tap. 😉

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Hozelock+Indoor+Round+Tap+Connector+with+a+Minimum+Diameter+of+14+mm+%26+a+Maximum+Diameter+of+18&i=diy&ref=nb_sb_noss

Edited by scottish cleaning service
  • Like 2
Link to post
21 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Another thing I learned on that PW job yesterday that I will let you in on. The house didn't have an outside tap so I used the woman's kitchen tap and put hose through window. It was my first time and I thought it would turn out a disaster but went well. The connection I used is below and I have a few few more connections on my way, one of them screws into the inside of the tap. 😉

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=Hozelock+Indoor+Round+Tap+Connector+with+a+Minimum+Diameter+of+14+mm+%26+a+Maximum+Diameter+of+18&i=diy&ref=nb_sb_noss

I always carry a bag of every tap hose and pressure washer connector ever needed so occasions like this never happens

 

7p's 

You should really be asking that question at the first point of enquiry and booking. "Do you have an outside garden tap" as rocking up to a job and discovering that there is no tap highlights an unprofessional approach to how you plan your work in my opinion 20210410_131400.thumb.jpg.62bdbfa1e26df36c49c1faa9e8c2f564.jpg

20210410_131319.jpg

Link to post
6 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

I always carry a bag of every tap hose and pressure washer connector ever needed so occasions like this never happens

 

7p's 

You should really be asking that question at the first point of enquiry and booking. "Do you have an outside garden tap" as rocking up to a job and discovering that there is no tap highlights an unprofessional approach to how you plan your work in my opinion 20210410_131400.thumb.jpg.62bdbfa1e26df36c49c1faa9e8c2f564.jpg

20210410_131319.jpg

Another job saving tip.

If you turn up and there is no outside tap and the customer has a super duper fancy long Swan neck mixer tap and your connector won't fit that, I also carry many spare 3/4" hoselock style garden tap connectors which fit onto a standard washing machine cold water isolator outlet as they are also 3/4"

Link to post
scottish cleaning service
4 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

Another job saving tip.

If you turn up and there is no outside tap and the customer has a super duper fancy long Swan neck mixer tap and your connector won't fit that, I also carry many spare 3/4" hoselock style garden tap connectors which fit onto a standard washing machine cold water isolator outlet as they are also 3/4"

I usually just offer to fit one or use their neighbours but having the tap connector is handy because it can also fit the bathroom taps.

Link to post

I allways carry this as well just incase hose won't reach or if i run out of water getting ball valve fitted to tank tomorrow 

20210410_195817.jpg

Link to post
11 minutes ago, tench0771 said:

I allways carry this as well just incase hose won't reach or if i run out of water getting ball valve fitted to tank tomorrow 

20210410_195817.jpg

A wheely bin is useful we have a 240 ltr one you can move it about a bit provided it’s not half full as well 

Link to post
27 minutes ago, tench0771 said:

I allways carry this as well just incase hose won't reach or if i run out of water getting ball valve fitted to tank tomorrow 

20210410_195817.jpg

I have a 240L yellow wheelie bin. Sign written front. Like yourself I've added a heavy duty float valve so I don't waste customers water. Because they don't see it overflow they have no clue whats used haha

  • Like 2
Link to post
scottish cleaning service
1 hour ago, Apw1210 said:

I have a 240L yellow wheelie bin. Sign written front. Like yourself I've added a heavy duty float valve so I don't waste customers water. Because they don't see it overflow they have no clue whats used haha

Until they get their water bill in. We are quite lucky up here as we don't have water meters and just pay the one rate no matter how much you use. Wheelie bin is good to hold all your stuff in like, lances, leggings, boots, hoses and anything else like brushes. Need to screw a plywood board to my outside tap hosereel that I use on jobs because its near impossible to reel in with only two hands and jumps up all the time. Will post a photo when its done.

Link to post
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Until they get their water bill in. We are quite lucky up here as we don't have water meters and just pay the one rate no matter how much you use. Wheelie bin is good to hold all your stuff in like, lances, leggings, boots, hoses and anything else like brushes. Need to screw a plywood board to my outside tap hosereel that I use on jobs because its near impossible to reel in with only two hands and jumps up all the time. Will post a photo when its done.

I have my garden hose reel bolted to a 3mm aluminium sheet which is wider than the base footprint of my hoselock reel. It allows me to stand on the plate whilst reeling in the hose. Makes it quicker and the reel does not jump off the ground when winding in

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.