Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ova8 and uni-valve problem

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DavieB

I'm finding it a real problem trying to turn my water off with the uni-valve inside the ova8 pole. It seems that the uni-valve doesn't fit inside the top section of the pole and taking me 3 or four sometimes more pulls at it to get it to turn off. I've always had Gardiner poles with the uni-valve and never had a problem, but since changing to the ova8 due to the poles spinning all the time, i find it's a nightmare to turn off. Does anyone have any suggestions? or is there a valve that's suitable for the ova8, any help would be much appreciated

I'm finding it a real problem trying to turn my water off with the uni-valve inside the ova8 pole. It seems that the uni-valve doesn't fit inside the top section of the pole and taking me 3 or four sometimes more pulls at it to get it to turn off. I've always had Gardiner poles with the uni-valve and never had a problem, but since changing to the ova8 due to the poles spinning all the time, i find it's a nightmare to turn off. Does anyone have any suggestions? or is there a valve that's suitable for the ova8, any help would be much appreciated
Isn't the univalve meant to be positioned and installed lower down the pole, also do you have double ear O clips fouling it's movement?

I have double eared o rings and it does occasional catch a little when pully on or off you can feel it catching inside, also I installed my univalve at the bottom of section 1 as it's 10cm shorter than the other sections.

Thanks for the reply. I have it positioned like the video, but will need to check if it's double or single o clips.
With alot of us now using a univalve there has been many cases of a select few not actually using double ear O clips as the combination of univalve barbs and hose construction it's reported that it's virtually impossible for the hose to be pulled off.

There is also another style of hose clamp which has a slide locking action like a jubilee clip and can be crimped, also there are single ear O clips which will reduce its outer circumference

Thanks for all the help guys, i did as was suggested and put it lower than the first section, so working much better, although does catch now and again, but i expect it's the hose stretching due to this warm weather

Back