Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

uni valve which way is best?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dino

Hi all,

I have just ordered my first uni valve with O clips and an O clip crimper/plier for the wings on the clips.  I have watched some how to videos.  I see some people attach the bit you pull towards the brush end and others have installed it so the bit you pull is downward towards the back pack.  Does it matter which way you install the uni valve?  I am leaning to have the bit you pull pointed in the direction that that the tube leads away from the brush and down the pole towards my backpack so the uni valve is inside my pole and I will pull the hose at the bottom of the pole to turn it off and on.  I understand you put an O clip at the top of the pole so when you pull the hose it not pulled out of the T junction clip on the brush?  How do you guys do it?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Cheers

Dino

Hi all,

I have just ordered my first uni valve with O clips and an O clip crimper/plier for the wings on the clips.  I have watched some how to videos.  I see some people attach the bit you pull towards the brush end and others have installed it so the bit you pull is downward towards the back pack.  Does it matter which way you install the uni valve?  I am leaning to have the bit you pull pointed in the direction that that the tube leads away from the brush and down the pole towards my backpack so the uni valve is inside my pole and I will pull the hose at the bottom of the pole to turn it off and on.  I understand you put an O clip at the top of the pole so when you pull the hose it not pulled out of the T junction clip on the brush?  How do you guys do it?

Cheers

Dino
Yes it matters, the "bit" you pull facing to bottom of pole so you tug it to stop and start the flow, and yes  a o clip at top to stop you pulling all the pipework down and stretching your brush pipework.

Hi all,

Cheers

Dino

Clear graphic instructions come with the Univalve that explain the correct way of fitting it..

I use the Pure Freedom remote control so I can switch it on off, increase decrease flow using the control panel around my neck. Saves a lot of time. 

Back