Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Uni valve query.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jelliman

I've just bought a uni valve for my pole, I haven't fitted it yet as it seems very difficult to pull apart with my fingers. I had to use my teeth to actually get it to pull out, is this normal? I feel like it would put enormous strain on the hose to actually get it to work once fitted and the hose would probably just stretch rather than click the uni valve open.

Ok I'll fit it tomorrow I just wanted to make sure I hadn't bought one that wasn't working properly, thanks for the reply.

I've just fitted a uni valve and it works fine but I'm a bit concerned that it may not last long as I have this type of connection at the top of my pole (see photo) I'm worried that after a while I'll pull the hose out of the fitting.20230505_101449.jpg

I've just fitted a uni valve and it works fine but I'm a bit concerned that it may not last long as I have this type of connection at the top of my pole (see photo) I'm worried that after a while I'll pull the hose out of the fitting.View attachment 28581
You should be fine. That version of Gardiners gooseneck was partly designed for people using univalves. The older version the pole hose went through the gooseneck and to the jets, without some form of stop people where pulling the hose to shut off the water and pulling the jets apart!
New version is good.

You should be fine. That version of Gardiners gooseneck was partly designed for people using univalves. The older version the pole hose went through the gooseneck and to the jets, without some form of stop people where pulling the hose to shut off the water and pulling the jets apart!
New version is good.
Cheers.

Ok I'll fit it tomorrow I just wanted to make sure I hadn't bought one that wasn't working properly, thanks for the reply.
It will free up. The seal is a large O Ring which will stick in the housing when left a while. Once it gets wet (water is a lubricant) it will free up. But we do open them occasionally and smear a bit of silicone grease on the O ring.
We have a Univalve on our 40' SLX pole which doesn't get used that often. The first pull is generally much harder when the pole hasn't been used for a few days.

Buy a service kit in time it will play up so just strip it clean and re grease it change spring if needed and it be good as new been using univalve since they came out fantastic bit of kit just need maintenance after 6 months or so

Latest Posts

Back