Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thinking of stopping pressure washing

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Moor

Like most of us I offer pressure washing as an extra alongside my regular window cleaning. I’m finding that I’m getting less calls for pressure washing these days, I’m also finding that it’s more of a pain, I haven’t got a massive van and if I take on a job a have to empty lots out to fit all the pressure washing kit in, it also takes up a good amount of space in my garage too, so I’m thinking it’s more hassle than it’s worth and to sell up.

Has anyone else been in the same situation and regretted it later?

I have a Rutland pumps 21 litre/minute Honda IGX390 machine that’s seen about 25 hours use, lance, turbo nozzle, dual turbo nozzle lance, 20m of hose and a flat surface cleaner. What can I realistically expect to get for this? 

Like most of us I offer pressure washing as an extra alongside my regular window cleaning. I’m finding that I’m getting less calls for pressure washing these days, I’m also finding that it’s more of a pain, I haven’t got a massive van and if I take on a job a have to empty lots out to fit all the pressure washing kit in, it also takes up a good amount of space in my garage too, so I’m thinking it’s more hassle than it’s worth and to sell up.

Has anyone else been in the same situation and regretted it later?

I have a Rutland pumps 21 litre/minute Honda IGX390 machine that’s seen about 25 hours use, lance, turbo nozzle, dual turbo nozzle lance, 20m of hose and a flat surface cleaner. What can I realistically expect to get for this? 
I wouldn't bother quitting and sell up

Get out and promote it across residential and commercial sites 

Unfortunately if you don't push something the work will not appear 

I do well all year round. The domestic customers are mostly one offs but commercial work like schools, fuel stations, super markets etc are regular jobs because of the standards they need to maintain.

You've laid out a near 3k investment but selling up will see a far smaller return in my opinion 

You'll expect to get anything from £1500 to £1900 on a good day without messers and tyre kickers 

Last edited by a moderator:
We don’t do any ware near the amount of pw we used to do , but Ime not that bothered as we are so busy with other things like commercial building cleaning , gutter vaccing and plastic  cleaning . I have it on the vans and web site but a lot of enquires for  house wash downs are better done softwashing so that has taken over a lot for us , I do like doing pw though as there is such a noticeable difference before and after 

I think with most people having neighbours, friends, family with hobby karchers, pressure washing is becoming less of a paid job and more of a 'hubby on bank holiday weekend' job.

Im not kidding when i say 20/30 of my customers have done their own patios/decks/drives over this summer.

I think with most people having neighbours, friends, family with hobby karchers, pressure washing is becoming less of a paid job and more of a 'hubby on bank holiday weekend' job.

Im not kidding when i say 20/30 of my customers have done their own patios/decks/drives over this summer.
Yes I agree but they won’t get the same finish as a professional with a proper pw ??

This is what I’m seeing too, pressure washing is not a cheap job but the mentality I’m seeing a lot is that they can buy a karcher for the same price. Unfortunately they forget they also have to do it themselves, I do explain how they won’t get anywhere the same finish  as I will, they don’t seem to get it though.

I’m busy as it is and I’m not sure I can be bothered with the hassle anymore. 

Back