Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook adverting, is it still that bad?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Few months ago few members said it was waste of time and money. Is it still like that?
Nowts changed unless your radius is 15 miles plus and you know exactly what you are doing it's a money racket, Same as Google ads I was contacted directly by a guy from Google he phoned me a few weeks ago they just want your money for ad's 

Nowts changed unless your radius is 15 miles plus and you know exactly what you are doing it's a money racket, Same as Google ads I was contacted directly by a guy from Google he phoned me a few weeks ago they just want your money for ad's 
As I said I got £60 for a hour Zoom call with Checkatrade. I have came to the conclusion that internet advertising is now saturated. We have all these folk working in advertising that have been coasting along riding the upward trend but now they need to work for a living and that's why all the phone calls. They either bring in new work or they will be out of work so they have no choice but to work the phones. I even feel the public are exhausted with the net and prefer to see us in action and that's why the walk ups are rising. ? 

Few months ago few members said it was waste of time and money. Is it still like that?
Facebook can be good, however there have been a lot of negative changes due to iOS updates. December 2020, April 21 and few more since then have directly affected performance of ad campaigns. 

You can still get results but theyre a lot more unpredictable and costly than they used to be.

I have spent money on Facebook advertisements with one ad very successful which brought me 9 customers. The other ad I ran for more money got me zero! Best bet is to just post for FREE on local groups! 

No point spending money on ad's at all if people really want a windy it ain't that hard to find one just search "town name-window cleaner" I wouldn't bother with the local pages some people just want cheap, people who are serious about wanting a quality regular service will find you the ones that don't will be asking on those pages will wanting I've seen some of the posts before one post saying "need a window cleaner, I was paying £8 if you can match the price you can have the job" ?  

We have a lad from Wales keeps advertising on our local page 5+hrs away from himself.

I mate of mine questioned him over why he was advertising 5hrs away for gutter vacuuming and gfs work.

His adds got removes and he was taken off the page, now his wifes joined and posts for him ???

No point spending money on ad's at all if people really want a windy it ain't that hard to find one just search "town name-window cleaner" I wouldn't bother with the local pages some people just want cheap, people who are serious about wanting a quality regular service will find you the ones that don't will be asking on those pages will wanting I've seen some of the posts before one post saying "need a window cleaner, I was paying £8 if you can match the price you can have the job" ?  
Sorry to disagree Iron Giant but I’ve had great success with paid advertising. I’ve struggled with locks pages on Facebook for the reason you’ve stated, but paid ads, when I used them, were a completely different board game. You were able to target folk who may not be directly thinking about getting a window cleaner (as it’s number 100 on the list to do) or had given up. A well put together advert always grabbed attention and I must have built half my round from advertising, with a further 1/3 probably from referrals & walkups from those original Facebook customers.

It’s change now, though. I’m happy with the change from a privacy point of view (Facebook knows way too much) but it has impacted ability to advertise. 

My feeling is that if you have a Facebook page and preferably a website, with the right keywords on them anybody will find you if they do a quick search for a window cleaner in your area.

Sorry to disagree Iron Giant but I’ve had great success with paid advertising. I’ve struggled with locks pages on Facebook for the reason you’ve stated, but paid ads, when I used them, were a completely different board game. You were able to target folk who may not be directly thinking about getting a window cleaner (as it’s number 100 on the list to do) or had given up. A well put together advert always grabbed attention and I must have built half my round from advertising, with a further 1/3 probably from referrals & walkups from those original Facebook customers.

It’s change now, though. I’m happy with the change from a privacy point of view (Facebook knows way too much) but it has impacted ability to advertise. 
Good hear you've done well from it, I just never had any great success with them, although the I have gained a lot of work through FB people 9/10 times contact via FB and the conversion rate has always been high from enquiry to getting the jobs

Latest Posts

Back