Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What a start to a morning.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ashley1337

Got to the first job this morning. Was a first clean and it took forever, looks like they've not had a window cleaner since the house was built 50 years ago... Luckily I charged a first clean price, but that didn't help the nettles in the back garden that got me a good few times...

Second one has always been a nice easy one so far, there for about 8 minutes other than the back door was opened whilst I was out and the 2 dogs got out, one bit my hand and the other bit my leg. No blood drawn just some scratches but still not good... Then got dog mess on the hose and my hand... (Both little Frenchies thank God)

Rest of the day was great though, nice and sunny, few cups of tea of some nice customers and some tips too haha ?

Don't really want to go back to the house where I was but twice, but I also don't want to tell her the dogs are ***** and to clean up after them and get a bad review on Facebook or wherever...

She seen it happen and just stood screaming at the out of control dogs to get back inside.

Got to the first job this morning. Was a first clean and it took forever, looks like they've not had a window cleaner since the house was built 50 years ago... Luckily I charged a first clean price, but that didn't help the nettles in the back garden that got me a good few times...

Second one has always been a nice easy one so far, there for about 8 minutes other than the back door was opened whilst I was out and the 2 dogs got out, one bit my hand and the other bit my leg. No blood drawn just some scratches but still not good... Then got dog mess on the hose and my hand... (Both little Frenchies thank God)

Rest of the day was great though, nice and sunny, few cups of tea of some nice customers and some tips too haha ?

Don't really want to go back to the house where I was but twice, but I also don't want to tell her the dogs are ***** and to clean up after them and get a bad review on Facebook or wherever...

She seen it happen and just stood screaming at the out of control dogs to get back inside.
Well if you're prepared to risk your health, dog ? and being bitten, rather than getting a bad review then you'll end up with some great customers.
Message her and say unless the dogs are under controll and the ? is picked up then you aren't prepared to clean her windows again. Fairly certain any potential customer won't take a blind bit of notice when you reply to the, possible, bad review

If I'd been bitten by a dog I'd have walked off the job there and then, it happened to me years ago a customers dog an alsatain it bleedin hurt customer saw it happen and was a bit dismissive I told her unless the dog was in the house from that day I wouldn't continue she apologised and did so the next clean and had an animal behaviourist out or something.

dog ? I won't tolerate either I'll walk off a job and never go back and I won't even bother telling some as when I go to the back of house if there is piles of ? it's obvious why I ain't cleaned the backs windows, I just close gate and walk off never to return and they get charged full price.

Last edited:
Just knock first to tell her you’re here, so she can get the dogs in.
As regards dog doos, if it’s just one or two piles, I’d just be careful and carry on . If there’s piles everywhere all the time, then I wouldn’t do it.

I remember going cleaning a row of terraces with my dad years ago, dog sh*t alley he called it. Gave it up shortly after.

I suppose everyone has their own level of tolerance with regards cleanliness but dog **** is a big no no for me. The odd bit can be overlooked by the customer I accept that. But dragging your gear through it is rank.

I'd say give her the opportunity to get it sorted, but the fact you've been attacked is concerning.

I wouldn’t tolerate dog poo in any quantity and being bitten well that’s an instant walk off site and dump job . One of my guys got bitten posting a slip through the letter box of a customer, he then knocked tge door and told the woman and she denied that the dog had done it his finger was bleeding and had ti go to MIU , took several weeks ti heal and was very painful, I went and saw her she had been a long term customer over 20 years explained what had happened again she denied it , so I told her to her face we will not be cleaning for her any more , the dog has always been a nasty piece of work throwing it’s self at the doors and windows . Driving last regularly I see tge Windows haven’t been cleaned since we dropped the job , this is the 3 rd time we have had this type of incident happen.

Latest Posts

Back