Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Asked 3 times in a week

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HWCS

Been asked 3 times this week by customers if i do or know anybody that does patio and driveway cleaning, done my usual "Yes i do, ill message you with their number"

Done a bit of homework, on prices etc and ordered a Karcher K4 today, ans quoted all 3 jobs, not a job i fancy so putting the lad that does windows with me during the week on these on Saturdays, first one booked in for next Saturday. Remove broken grout and weeds, clean 23sq mt of 450mm sq patio slabs and regrout and point up.

Just out of curiosity what would you experienced lads be charging, the patio isnt to dirty.

Ive put my happy price in so purely asking for an idea to see if we are far out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Been asked 3 times this week by customers if i do or know anybody that does patio and driveway cleaning, done my usual "Yes i do, ill message you with their number"

Done a bit of homework, on prices etc and ordered a Karcher K4 today, ans quoted all 3 jobs, not a job i fancy so putting the lad that does windows with me during the week on these on Saturdays, first one booked in for next Saturday. Remove broken grout and weeds, clean 23sq mt of 450mm sq patio slabs and regrout and point up.

Just out of curiosity what would you experienced lads be charging, the patio isnt to dirty.

Ive put my happy price in so purely asking for an idea to see if we are far out?
My minimum price for pressure washing is £150

Re-Sanding is an additional paid service. 

Buying a Karcher won't give you the results or profitability as opposed to high output machines running 20" FSC's and in my opinion gives out the wrong message to the customer as next time they'll most likely have the same machine 

My minimum price for pressure washing is £150

Re-Sanding is an additional paid service. 

Buying a Karcher won't give you the results or profitability as opposed to high output machines running 20" FSC's and in my opinion gives out the wrong message to the customer as next time they'll most likely have the same machine 
Totally understand what your saying, its probably not a service ill openly offer as im not doing the work, the lad that works for me will be doing it, on Saturdays if we dont have any other work on.

Ill just be taking a cut, im already covered by my insurance to do it so for the sake of a few hundred quid im happy to have it as another string to the bow as and when needed

Just a thought but would it be better to hire a decent pressure washer? You might be able to do twice as many jobs in same time frame plus more pressure and flow will do a better job. 

Just a thought but would it be better to hire a decent pressure washer? You might be able to do twice as many jobs in same time frame plus more pressure and flow will do a better job. 
Water pressure can and will be an issue on some jobs @THL4KEL told me this after pwing our driveway and patio pwing your own patio is a whole different ball game to doing for a paying custy as well.

You're doing very well doing windows and gutters. Personally wouldn't get involved with anything I wasn't hands on with. Upside is you make an extra £100 now and again. Down side is you start.to lose your reputation.
I'd sooner stick to windows and pass the work onto to someone I know and trust and have no issues or comebacks, the feedback I get from custys after passing work on has always been positive.

You're doing very well doing windows and gutters. Personally wouldn't get involved with anything I wasn't hands on with. Upside is you make an extra £100 now and again. Down side is you start.to lose your reputation.
I dont understand what you mean by lose reputation?

The lad will be doing the job properly and its just a service we will be able to offer, it wont eat into any of our regular work, and is only a job that the lad will do on the odd weekend if weve not got anything else on (we currently only do 1 saturday morning every 2 months) so he wants to do some work on a saturday as he has 4 kids 

I'd sooner stick to windows and pass the work onto to someone I know and trust and have no issues or comebacks, the feedback I get from custys after passing work on has always been positive.
I see what you mean, the only person i know in the area that does PWing is a local gardener and he uses a £40 pw from Aldi.

Im 100% for doing the jobs properly, the K4 is a good little machine and powerful, same with the window cleaning, if it takes off obviously ill get a petrol one, but while testing the water no point in shelling out big bucks.

2nd van is imminent and that one will be for roof cleaning, big GFS jobs and if the PWing takes off that will run from that too.

It seems the natural progression for my business

Personal experience has taught me if I don't oversee jobs they are never done 100% all of the time. If your guy is as good and conscientious as you then you should be OK. 
Yeah hes a good lad, he knows reputation is key and the only way we get that is by being the very best that we can.

Id even go as far to say hes more of a stickler than me.

A prime example: 

We did a little GFS  job on Friday and i was ready to go id got in the van and lit up sat there waiting, he didnt come so i went round the back and there he was rag in hand wiping under the soffit coz we always go behind each other on these to double check nothing was missed and he said id forgot 1 side of a gutter clamp (i felt a bit of a d1k coz id already double checked my own bit)

Back