Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Booster Pump Advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matty H

Hi lads, I don't currently have a booster pump but have been told I will benefit from installing one. As I don't know much about them - can anybody give me an idea of:

Best one to have?

Does it fit inline between pre filters and RO?

How are they powered?

What sort of results do they produce?

My current set up is an Ionic Pro 6 - 55psi from the tap with a TDS of 280. Currently producing water below 10ppm after RO - but it takes 8 hours to fill the 600ktr tank.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Hi Matt. can i be cheeky and ask for details of what equipmet u have. 600litres in 8 hours is good. i keep hearing storys of that amount taking days

also is 10ppm ok to clean windows? do u use a de ironiser?
Hi mate I have an Ionic Pro 6 system (google it) go on website and have a look. I never risk using water above 3 or 4 to clean although some people say you can use up to and above 10 but I would never risk it myself. I live in hard water area so use carbon filter / sediment filter / water softener then into RO. I ALWAYS USE A RESIN TO POLISH THE WATER FROM THE TANK - Matt

don't have one but my membranes say on them that the optimum pressure is 60-80, and you're not far off that, but a booster is supposed to produce faster, better ro tds and less waste. want to make sure you get one that can be left on all the time, some you have to switch off after 2 hours. i think someone said the pure freedom one was good.

don't have one but my membranes say on them that the optimum pressure is 60-80, and you're not far off that, but a booster is supposed to produce faster, better ro tds and less waste. want to make sure you get one that can be left on all the time, some you have to switch off after 2 hours. i think someone said the pure freedom one was good.
Cheers chip I will have a look into it

Matt

Matty I use this booster pump http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Booster_Pumps.html

It is absolutely fantastic! It's given me the results I wan't and fast. I can produce more pure water every hour with it and it puts me down to 0ppm from 4ppm.

It increases the pressure from your water taps to the Filtering system (mine is an RO System). It just basically increases the pressure and holds it at that pressure until you turn it off. It is powered through the mains.

If you have any detailed questions about it please message me or throw them on here.

James.

OK lads I've had one fitted - a Pure Freedom one and it's brilliant. Just over 2 hours to fill and my TDS reading after RO is down from 9 to 2 /emoticons/smile.png

I'm filling now through the pump at 120psi

OK lads I've had one fitted - a Pure Freedom one and it's brilliant. Just over 2 hours to fill and my TDS reading after RO is down from 9 to 2 /emoticons/biggrin.png

just be carefull matt about giving it to much pressure. too much could blow the hoses and give you a flood, no idea if it affects the membranes.

OK lads I've had one fitted - a Pure Freedom one and it's brilliant. Just over 2 hours to fill and my TDS reading after RO is down from 9 to 2 /emoticons/smile.png

just be carefull matt about giving it to much pressure. too much could blow the hoses and give you a flood, no idea if it affects the membranes.
Cheers chip I've got high pressure hoses fitted from pre filters to pump to membrane to waste. I've spoken to membrane manufacturer and 80 - 140psi is perfectly safe.

Back