Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Do You Clean Gutters?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

buzzing

Is it just a case of getting up there with a bucket and trowel?

I have an electric power/jet washer thing, can I use that?

Ladders and scoop it out, I've just bought the gutter tools from 4 shore, attach them to a pole and scoop it out. As - M- said defo don't use a jetwash as it'll go everywhere and you'll be there 5 times longer to clean up!

no real need for that nonsense ^^ just place the ladder on the facia below the gutter then scoop it out by hand into a bucket simple

try tell that to the families of 50 odd people that died while working of ladders last year in the uk , never mind the thousands that were badly injured or wheelchair bound .safety is your personal responsibility and if you choose to ignore it good luck to you

Haha no need for that nonsense? Are you for real! Safety is critical and makes the job a lot easier, if i was a client I know what I'd prefer to see. And I'd make rather have the proper kit to do the job safely and efficiently, even if it does take the whole extra 3 minutes to set up!!

There's no difference cleaning gutters without them stabilisers than cleaning windows with out them.. Would you use them stabilisers on every window cleaning job?

no real need for that nonsense ^^ just place the ladder on the facia below the gutter then scoop it out by hand into a bucket simple
I agree with how you can do it, but not the nonsense part.

Safety is never nonsense.

No I wouldn't use it for an average height window, but the gutter is higher than a Window, and your typically up at Gutter height longer, well I am as I'll scoop it from one side back to me, so would rather feel solid whilst up there my. My thing was about it being nonsense to use the safety devices. As Damo said there's no such thing as nonsense when safety is concerned

So do you do a lot of gutter clearing?

Which method would you prefer to chose doing this job by hand?

1. try wedge/rest the ladder on the fascia and have someone maybe foot the ladder.

2. use the kit I use in the pic.

View attachment 2281

Yes i do plenty of guttering jobs thank you Smurf as i said i use a A ladder and place under the gutters

Which method would you prefer to chose doing this job by hand?
1. try wedge/rest the ladder on the fascia and have someone maybe foot the ladder.

2. use the kit I use in the pic.

attachicon.gif
IMG_3889.JPG
is it me or does that roof/guttering look out of place on the right hand side?

If you do plenty then why struggle and take unnecessary risks by not using the right kit to make the job easier and safer to do?

Yes i do plenty of guttering jobs thank you Smurf as i said i use a A ladder and place under the gutters

Theres no law that requires me to use your method i feel very safe the way i work and will continue to do so thanks smarf B)

To be honest I don't care what method you use but when newbie’s ask how they can clear guttering by ladders this is the best method I have found to do it easier and safely as possible.

Theres no law that requires me to use your method i feel very safe the way i work and will continue to do so thanks smarf B)

And i was putting forward my method of clearing gutters smarf theres more than one way to do things you dont use a standoff cleaning windows so why use it clearing gutters was my point

you are right there is no law about it, untill anything happens, then the law dose look into things like ladder training, ladder safety devices used, etc etc. if the insurance company finds that non has been then they wont pay a penny out in a claim.

Like most good tradesman I simply choose the right kit for the job that will make it easier and safer for me to do.

Would I choose an A frame ladder to clear guttering the answer would be no.

And i was putting forward my method of clearing gutters smarf theres more than one way to do things you dont use a standoff cleaning windows so why use it clearing gutters was my point

Back