Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

250L Water Tank Secured In Van

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lukeey

Hello!

Ive just got a new van and trying to search out what would be the safest way of securing a 250litre water tank

inside the van.

In my other van i just strapped it in with straps but wasn't to sure about it.

Anyone got any ideas?

luke:)

just read it now, that would be a good idea

ive just ordered a pond liner that im gonna surround the van floor and sides and slide the tank on top of that to keep the water out the front cab,

bought some uni-bond masking tape to fix it in for next week when the liner comes

easily done aint it,, never forget one day i left the hose pumping water in to my tank all night, the whole drive was a river lol!

haha yeah!

would there be anything u can think of that would be good to attach the pond liner around the inside of the van,

i have used a stapler gun ( but not always good because it wont go through the hard plastic.

and with masking tape it dosent always grip to the side of the van.

just thought i would ask if theres anything u might know of?

haha yeah!

would there be anything u can think of that would be good to attach the pond liner around the inside of the van,

i have used a stapler gun ( but not always good because it wont go through the hard plastic.

and with masking tape it dosent always grip to the side of the van.

just thought i would ask if theres anything u might know of?
How about Velcro? Glue to pond stuff, staple other bit to the sides?

got a transporter kombi, its not ply-lined cos of having the seats in the back. but with the liner and make sure no water can leak in the front.

i was in wilkos before and saw some of that velcro, but wasnt to sure about it, but it does seem a good idea i guess

I think that the VW Transporter Kombi has 'd' rings in the floor? I have a Merc Vito Dualiner (also with extra seats) with similar. I got some thin, galvanized, tubing 26mm called Kee Klamp (or similar). You often see it used as handrail up peoples paths. I put a couple of lenghts through pairs of d rings and made up a frame which the tank sits in. Then I used a 1 tonne ratchet strap over the top to hold it down. I have a 350 ltr tank.

I think that the VW Transporter Kombi has 'd' rings in the floor? I have a Merc Vito Dualiner (also with extra seats) with similar. I got some thin, galvanized, tubing 26mm called Kee Klamp (or similar). You often see it used as handrail up peoples paths. I put a couple of lenghts through pairs of d rings and made up a frame which the tank sits in. Then I used a 1 tonne ratchet strap over the top to hold it down. I have a 350 ltr tank.
sounds good!

Back