Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

300 t0 450 gpd?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have a 600l Ibc tank and it fits in a plastic keter shed/storage.

Attachments

• 7C04D395-E5D5-48D1-8BD9-94BB86B91B70.jpeg
    7C04D395-E5D5-48D1-8BD9-94BB86B91B70.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 3BF19344-EE9C-4FC3-B4AD-278BE05D018A.jpeg
    3BF19344-EE9C-4FC3-B4AD-278BE05D018A.jpeg
    70.3 KB · Views: 3
These are old photos I now have different hose for filling as that briaded hose was **** also I have 2” foam insulation fitted inside storage the water as never froze since adding the insulatio.

Purefreedom sell Aquatec booster pumps. Aquatec have a good name. You need one that has a 24v transformer included, not just the pump on its own.
@doug atkinson told me years ago the ones that PF sell aren't suitable I don't know if this is the case these days asI bought one a few years ago from PF and during a phone conversation with Doug I gave him the model number and he told me it wasn't suitable I kept on with it and still have but I wondered if it at some point damaged my membranes I can't recall exactly what Doug said about the booster pump.

H

have you got your ro in the shed to den?
I have an insulated small plastic keter cabinet never freezes the other side of the fence you (photo 2) works brilliant my set up keeps two of us going no problems.
my outside tap and drain is just in front of (photo 2) that’s on my drive I park Next to the tank of the evening and fill up, feel lucky to have static system tbh.

I have my ro on my kitchen bench beside the window with holes drilled for the hoses,though i want to put it outside now beside my ibc when it comes on monday,i know the frost will wreck it come the winter again,so im thinking of making a ply box with 18inch an insulating it,anyone else have there ro outside?
If you put it in a box outside, you will also need some form of heating. Insulation will slow heat loss down but eventually the contents will freeze.
My r/o is in a cabinet on my garage wall.
I have a tube heater at the bottom of the cabinet controlled by a temperature controller. When the temps drop to 5 degrees the system kicks in and warms the internals up to around 8 degrees.

In the early days I used to process water overnight directly into my trailer. The r/o was outside next to my garden tap. It never froze as it had tap water passing through it even with subzero temps. I brought it in first thing in the morning and put it in the bath to keep it warm during the day.

If you put it in a box outside, you will also need some form of heating. Insulation will slow heat loss down but eventually the contents will freeze.
My r/o is in a cabinet on my garage wall.
I have a tube heater at the bottom of the cabinet controlled by a temperature controller. When the temps drop to 5 degrees the system kicks in and warms the internals up to around 8 degrees.

In the early days I used to process water overnight directly into my trailer. The r/o was outside next to my garden tap. It never froze as it had tap water passing through it even with subzero temps. I brought it in first thing in the morning and put it in the bath to keep it warm during the day.
I prefer my rubber duck ?

got a 1000lt ibc in the garage, 450 gpd system and a booster pump. Perfect, fills up during the day while I'm working.
using the cheaper membranes from Doug Atkinson ( Daqua ) lasted two years and still going strong. water is 330 tds.
perfect for a one man setup.

Latest Posts

Back