Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice On Pure Water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

bazzer

Hi guys looking for advice on making pure water i got 99 ppm at my tap do you think i could put straight through di not needing loads of water yet as fairly new to wfp i bought some wfp gear including ro but it is really slow i know if using loads of water ro would be better but in short term till i build round up would di only do job would only be doing upstairs wfp . and does it leave windows really clean . Also how long does an average ro take to make 25 litres. Thanks in advance guys.Hope all you keeping busy and well.

My ppm is around 60. Got twin di vessels in the garage and fill straight to the tank. Try di, it won't cost the earth. Resin £70, di vessels on ebay cheap too.

A mate of mine lives in a soft water area, but only carries 3 or 4 barrels in his motor. He works in a hard water area and tops up on the go. Difficult for him as his resin will not last long doing this.

As above to start with using the twin DI route,

A cheap RO would take about an hour to fill 25 litres, a 4040 would be more like 5 minutes with the right pressure input.

these are the 2 ends of the scale for what window cleaners use.

a final DI polish is usually still required

Thanks taylormade and tuffers for advice ,tuffers do you have to give a final polish from tank or is it already at 000ppm and what size di would you advise cheers mate

Just make sure you do check your PPM.

Nothing like filling a tank with 50PPM water :Image3: :Image3:

I have twin di for my 90ppm water works well and resin seems to last a good while that way, I check ppm after first di and 2nd di every fill so far everything going into tank is 000ppm the 1st di is currently at 006

A big thanks to everyone for the sound advice i now feel really confident to go twin di just one other question guys do you turn tap on full blast or steady away my water pressure is not brilliant will let you know how i go with it next week cheers

i use 1 x 11ltr di vessel and my water ppm is 106

doesnt cost much when u work out how much u earn per resin bag /emoticons/smile.png but if i had an ro i would save loads... but its still decent

in 3,4 weeks ill be putting a big order in for my business which will include a new di vessel new bacup pump , hosereel , varistream etc...

so ill be saving much more when i get a new vessel

Back