Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A bit confused...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JohnDoeWindows

So I made a regular post on one of the local Facebook groups last night, I often make the exact same post in the exact same group weekly. For some bizarre reason this morning I have dealt with 20+ enquiries and have picked up 6 new customers and counting at the time of writing this message.

Normally i don't get much of a response at all from this group to be honest, how bizarre... what's the most you guys have picked up from a single post?

My best result from 1 post is over 100 enquires resulting in about 40 new Jobs.

Usually though I post In a few groups at once, last week I posted in about 20 groups on a Sunday evening and had about 50 enquiries.

I gave a ”pita” customer a red card a few years ago and thought I’d better replace her so put a post up in a FB community group and had plenty replies to respond to 15-20 confirmed first cleans. Some times you hit gold, I opened up a new area off the back of that. I prefer door canvassing but Can’t dismiss social media it can identify areas that lack regular window cleaners.

So I made a regular post on one of the local Facebook groups last night, I often make the exact same post in the exact same group weekly. For some bizarre reason this morning I have dealt with 20+ enquiries and have picked up 6 new customers and counting at the time of writing this message.

Normally i don't get much of a response at all from this group to be honest, how bizarre... what's the most you guys have picked up from a single post?
I’d make a note of what time you posted as I think that plays an important factor as to when people are going on FB.

I find FB to be hit and miss tbh and I think it’s all to doing with timing. As an example - there is a group where you are only allowed to post business posts twice a month which I generally do and have been for the past couple of months with not one bite. I always make sure my posts look professional - pics, list of services, contact details etc and still nothing, a guy who I have never seen posting on there before literally posted the exact same kind of thing as I do about 4 hours later than me and every man and his dog was messaging him for a quote. Frustrating was not the word!!

I’ve had it a couple of times tbh, areas where I have just spent hours posting flyers, FB posts in the group and nothing, then some girl posts on behalf of her boyfriend and the same thing happens again…..every man and his dog want a quote.

I’ve only been going since end of April and I’d say 90% of my customers have been gained from FB. Just makes me think how much time dropping flyers would it have took for me to generate the same amount of customers which in effect has only taken me minutes to post on FB.

My best result from 1 post is over 100 enquires resulting in about 40 new Jobs.

Usually though I post In a few groups at once, last week I posted in about 20 groups on a Sunday evening and had about 50 enquiries.
That’s an amazing result. I’ve joined loads of groups and post quite regularly and only the get the odd one here and there, mind you it is pretty saturated where I live.

I’d make a note of what time you posted as I think that plays an important factor as to when people are going on FB.

I find FB to be hit and miss tbh and I think it’s all to doing with timing. As an example - there is a group where you are only allowed to post business posts twice a month which I generally do and have been for the past couple of months with not one bite. I always make sure my posts look professional - pics, list of services, contact details etc and still nothing, a guy who I have never seen posting on there before literally posted the exact same kind of thing as I do about 4 hours later than me and every man and his dog was messaging him for a quote. Frustrating was not the word!!

I’ve had it a couple of times tbh, areas where I have just spent hours posting flyers, FB posts in the group and nothing, then some girl posts on behalf of her boyfriend and the same thing happens again…..every man and his dog want a quote.

I’ve only been going since end of April and I’d say 90% of my customers have been gained from FB. Just makes me think how much time dropping flyers would it have took for me to generate the same amount of customers which in effect has only taken me minutes to post on FB.

My tip is to not look like you are a "professional business". Odd I know but from my experience when I've come across super professional, loads of nice images etc it can come across a bit cold. These community groups on fb are usually full of people who like to support local etc and a personal touch. When I post I don't put any images or long explanations of why to choose us etc...I just say I am a local window cleaning looking for more work in the area. I could be wrong but I think it comes across as that chap next door type window cleaner who people want to support with their business. It works for me anyway.

That’s an amazing result. I’ve joined loads of groups and post quite regularly and only the get the odd one here and there, mind you it is pretty saturated where I live.

I'm in West yorkshire, it's very saturated.

Firstly you want the community groups not buy and sell groups they are rubbish.

You need to join as many as you can and not post in them too regularly as people get sick of seeing it.

If you have joined 20 groups try posting in 5 a week In rotation. I only post every couple of months and just hit them all on a Sunday night quite often I spend the rest of Sunday and Monday trying to reply to everyone.

Half of the messages I send people they don't even see as they go into their spam folder.

Ime not on Facebook but down hear most say it doesn’t get much response so think it is area related thing , or the ones that do respond want a cheap one off job due to Aunty flow visiting etc .

My tip is to not look like you are a "professional business". Odd I know but from my experience when I've come across super professional, loads of nice images etc it can come across a bit cold. These community groups on fb are usually full of people who like to support local etc and a personal touch. When I post I don't put any images or long explanations of why to choose us etc...I just say I am a local window cleaning looking for more work in the area. I could be wrong but I think it comes across as that chap next door type window cleaner who people want to support with their business. It works for me anyway.
That's a really good point. I tried fb in the first lockdown and the results were dreadful, but it was a professional advert. I also tried in 2019 on the buy / sell groups, got a few enquiries but it was a waste of time, but again the advert was looking like a legit business.

I think you might be right, make it look like it's just a straight forward cash in hand type window cleaner, nothing serious and the result will probably be different.

Now you mention it, of all the posts I've seen, the most successful seem to be the casual non complicated post, like 'Just to let everyone know that I'm clearing gutters next week, if you want them doing then give me a shout (y) ' well something like that seems to work better judging by the amount of people responding.

Cheers for the tip, might give it another whirl.

That sounds pretty much like what I post, a nice before and after pic with a note to drop me a message if you’re after a regular monthly window clean. Yeah I agree about the buy and sell groups, tend to be people who want to buy stuff for a couple of quid and don’t really want to spend money. I need to do a bit of a cull really as I think I’m in too many groups at the mo.

That's a really good point. I tried fb in the first lockdown and the results were dreadful, but it was a professional advert. I also tried in 2019 on the buy / sell groups, got a few enquiries but it was a waste of time, but again the advert was looking like a legit business.

I think you might be right, make it look like it's just a straight forward cash in hand type window cleaner, nothing serious and the result will probably be different.

Now you mention it, of all the posts I've seen, the most successful seem to be the casual non complicated post, like 'Just to let everyone know that I'm clearing gutters next week, if you want them doing then give me a shout (y) ' well something like that seems to work better judging by the amount of people responding.

Cheers for the tip, might give it another whirl.
In fact it's not even as much as that, it's more like 'Gutter clearing next week, give me a shout if you want them doing (y)'

Back