Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's The Best Cheap Pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnnyt

Considering many options at the moment including the idea of starting with backpack, some barrels and a cheapo pole that will last about 9/12 months.I've looked at the Harris pole option with a Gardiners brush,which would cover a reasonable amount of work, but I see a few guy's are going for the likes of a Brodex 36ft for the higher windows.Could Harris pole with Brodex or fibreglass 30ft be a reasonable set up option??

Not sure what you mean at the end there johnny, but you'll struggle to beat the Harris for price, for 20 quid you have a pole that'll do probably 90% of your work, and as its alloy, will last, I don't ave one, my first was an unger 30 footer which came with the set up, not sure how much the cost probably somewhere between 100 and 150 quid, could be wrong. I've never dealt with brooded but hear some bad reports, but for under 200 quid you could but a clx 27 from gardiners, don't have one(it's next on the list of poles) have brought a brush though and service is tops, and the poles are highly rated by the masses

Considering many options at the moment including the idea of starting with backpack, some barrels and a cheapo pole that will last about 9/12 months.I've looked at the Harris pole option with a Gardiners brush,which would cover a reasonable amount of work, but I see a few guy's are going for the likes of a Brodex 36ft for the higher windows.Could Harris pole with Brodex or fibreglass 30ft be a reasonable set up option??
That's what I use mate backpack, Harris and 36" brodex covers everything I need

CLX poles are fantastic for the price, but only go up to 27'. They are the perfect starter poles though, and I found there was very little I couldn't reach with my CLX-27 when I first got it.

SLX poles cost more, but you gain rigidity, loose weight, and you can go higher.

Elite poles are a tad cheaper than SLX poles, but they are approx 10% heavier (It is noticable) and have a longer closed length. They are a little more rigid than the SLX range too, simply because the sections are slightly wider diameters.

I'd NEVER recommend a Brodex pole,.. a harris pole will do the job temporarily until you can afford a CLX,.. XTEL poles & HXTEL's are unchanged now for years & are pitiful when compared to more recent offerings in the same price range.

CLX poles are fantastic for the price, but only go up to 27'. They are the perfect starter poles though, and I found there was very little I couldn't reach with my CLX-27 when I first got it.

SLX poles cost more, but you gain rigidity, loose weight, and you can go higher.

Elite poles are a tad cheaper than SLX poles, but they are approx 10% heavier (It is noticable) and have a longer closed length. They are a little more rigid than the SLX range too, simply because the sections are slightly wider diameters.

I'd NEVER recommend a Brodex pole,.. a harris pole will do the job temporarily until you can afford a CLX,.. XTEL poles & HXTEL's are unchanged now for years & are pitiful when compared to more recent offerings in the same price range.
Firstly, I'm only looking at domestic market Belfastcleaning.Thing is ,I see a few people on this forum are finding that 27/28ft poles ain't bigger enough and are considering buying 36ft poles, Brodex being mentioned a few times.I have read the comments regarding the CLX series but don't see the point in splashing out on a CLX 27 only too find that you need another pole to reach that extra 10ft ! Well, not until the money starts to come in anyway.

Secondly, thanks for the comment regarding other poles,especially the Brodex poles as quite a few forum members are in the process of ordering the Brodex 36ft'er for the reason I suggested at the start.

90% of my domestic work is done by using a 18ft harris pole or 18ft unger aluminum pole.

i have a 32ft pole for 4 story buildings!

The 36 brodex is a bargain for 99 plus vat....

I recently picked up 3 storey town houses and was worried my clx 27 wouldn't reach.. Now these windows are higher than an average 3 storey house and my 27 reached no problems..

A 36 foot pole would reach 4 storey windows and unless its apaetment blocks, you probably wont need it.

I have never held a brodex but from what I have heard they are heavy. The clx is a bit wobbly fully stretched out but it will just take time to get used to.

The 36 brodex is a bargain for 99 plus vat....

I recently picked up 3 storey town houses and was worried my clx 27 wouldn't reach.. Now these windows are higher than an average 3 storey house and my 27 reached no problems..

A 36 foot pole would reach 4 storey windows and unless its apaetment blocks, you probably wont need it.

I have never held a brodex but from what I have heard they are heavy. The clx is a bit wobbly fully stretched out but it will just take time to get used to.

The 36' Brodex pole is cheap alright, but its still not a bargain. £99 wasted in my honest opinion.

You mention the CLX being a bit wobbly when fully extended - the Brodex 36' is a LOT worse!

If money is first consideration, buy the cheapest.

If you want the best pole, pole rigidity is what you are looking for, a rigid pole is faster and easier to use = more money

(If you look for any pole test pics or vids, its only really worth noting the test that have been done with an added weight on the end of the extended pole - other than the brush – this added weight can represent any applied pressure when working) a lot of pole test are wrong and can be misleading.

When testing wfp brushes I can typically apply 1.5kg of extra pressure, give or take 750g up to a height of 25ft (Tecbuk brushes has been tested well beyond 7kg of consistence pressure at ground floor level)

For domestics and low rise commercial work a quality 25ft carbon fibre pole is a very useful pole. (Chop a few inches off the bottom of the pole if it is to long when collapsed)

Richard

Back