Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Time to spend on a set up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I’m on about 3 storey houses and ones with Velux on the roof, not 3 storey houses with velux on the roof. I did one yesterday with velux in the roof at the back, dorma windows at the front. At the back I can reach the velux but I can’t see it so I get the step ladder out.
Either a bigger pole then or a step ladder but you ain’t gonna clean em properly with a 27. I
struggle to reach a lot of em with my 28 and even then I’d be on my top toes cleaning em blind.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Either a bigger pole then or a step ladder but you ain’t gonna clean em properly with a 27. I
struggle to reach a lot of em with my 28 and even then I’d be on my top toes cleaning em blind.

Must be a shorty then ?

I do townhouses all day long on a new build estate with my 20ft pole and velux/dormers on the 2 story ones with the 10ft extension on

I only need the extension a couple times a week

No point having it on when not needed

Shortest pole for the job for me. My clx 10 for bungalows, my 18extreme for a good 50% of my work. 25ft for the other. It’ll annoy me using a 25ft pole for little bungalows. 
Fair dos and I’m all for making life easier. Tbh I learnt my wfp trade cleaning big commercial jobs with 80’ footers. I think the smallest we used to use was a 30’ fibre glass beast so using a 28’ full carbon as my daily pole is a breeze and as I don’t do many one stops I’m often not near to my van when I’d need a different size pole so it’s easier to just use one for all.

Must be a shorty then ?
I do townhouses all day long on a new build estate with my 20ft pole and velux/dormers on the 2 story ones with the 10ft extension on
I only need the extension a couple times a week
No point having it on when not needed
I’d say I’m average at 5’11 but that extra 3 foot with your extension makes all the difference.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile appI’d say that my 28’ comfortably reaches 3 story stuff fully extended but just about does the 3 storey dormas over the gutters. Tbh I’ve been looking at extension poles for my next one. Then you’ve got the best of both.

Are we talking the same thing here Dave? I'm talking about the SLX27 which has a 32 ft working reach? I assume since you said about a 28 that you're talking the length of the pole instead of the name of it?

Are we talking the same thing here Dave? I'm talking about the SLX27 which has a 32 ft working reach? I assume since you said about a 28 that you're talking the length of the pole instead of the name of it?
Yes mate. Most poles are named as the actual length of the the pole and not the working reach. The working reach includes you holding it, you probs already know that though.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile appThe pole I’m on about is a streamline eco lite v2.

Our andy runs a 30ft SlX all day which he prefers to my 25ft Extreme.  

Horses for courses. 

Personally starting with one pole I would go 30ft and pop off the bottom two sections. Use it as a 22ft all day till you need an extra few feet. 

I'm a newbie and I've got s phoenix 22 ft...but I've had to get an extension because a small problem became apparent when I was struggling to reach bedroom windows above small house extensions like mine. Without using ladders I opted to buy another 5" carbon piece £45 and it's done the trick..

That’s it, it’s ok for some of the lads to say you only need an 18 or 22 most of the time but I bet they all have various other poles to tackle higher stuff and it’s not always possible for new lads to go out and buy 2-3 different size poles from the off as well as all their other start up equipment so your better off to start off with a good all rounder and then add to your equipment later on to make things easier.

That’s it, it’s ok for some of the lads to say you only need an 18 or 22 most of the time but I bet they all have various other poles to tackle higher stuff and it’s not always possible for new lads to go out and buy 2-3 different size poles from the off as well as all their other start up equipment so your better off to start off with a good all rounder and then add to your equipment later on to make things easier.

Yeah some poles will cost in the hundreds and it makes starting up quite a dear affair, so if it's possible to add on...add on. Problems will reveal themselves over time then deal with them in good time

Our andy runs a 30ft SlX all day which he prefers to my 25ft Extreme.  
Horses for courses. 

Personally starting with one pole I would go 30ft and pop off the bottom two sections. Use it as a 22ft all day till you need an extra few feet. 

This seems to be the best option I can clean all day using the lighter 22ft and then add the sections for anything bigger [emoji1362]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Back