Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

any arthritis sufferers here

WCF

Help Support WCF:

simon

got it starting in both wrists now & stuff from the dr is ****, i think it was diclofenac,

ive tried glucosamine & that doesn't help neither does msm, any other stuff you can suggest please

Diclafenic did nothing for me other than give me the s***'s.

A lot of people swear by glucosamine and condroitin combo, and its been around a long time. I heard that you have to use it for a while eg. 6 months before it takes effect though. Now knowing how the supplement industry works, this could just be false info put out by manufacturers to make you buy a load of it. The only way to know for sure is to try it yourself.

Fish oil, don't bother with cod l oil, just cheap fish oil bought in big tubs from holland and barrett is great stuff. Double the dose it says (this is for entertainment purposes only, seek the advice of a doctor)- its wonderful stuff. Wait until they have a sale though and stock up.

Voltarol gel, wonderful stuff but expensive, helped me a lot over the years.

Rest it, change jobs for a week, or take a week off. Use different tools for a while. Anything that makes your body do something different and use different muscles.

Massage. Helps remove toxins and releases tension in muscles that can cause pain.

cheers mate, i take 1 omega 3 fish oil 1000mg a day for last 3 years now

i've tried glucosamine 3 times over the years now lol 1500 mg 4 a day for 6 month it works on my partners arthritis but not me

i think its partly age & cold weather thats kicked it off lately.

the problem is i used an extreme brush for 3 years & just swapped to an xline which is deff heavier & i dont want to swap back cos the new extremes dont last, but mebbe i'll use them week about

I suffer where my ankle is full of metalwork, doc gave me 2x400mg ibuprofen to daily, doesn't do a thing, neither did diclofenac.

cheers mate, i take 1 omega 3 fish oil 1000mg a day for last 3 years nowi've tried glucosamine 3 times over the years now lol 1500 mg 4 a day for 6 month it works on my partners arthritis but not me

i think its partly age & cold weather thats kicked it off lately.

the problem is i used an extreme brush for 3 years & just swapped to an xline which is deff heavier & i dont want to swap back cos the new extremes dont last, but mebbe i'll use them week about
Everyone goes on about the gardiners and how light they are. Would it be worth investing for the sake of your health?

the extreme brushes yeh probably but not an extreme pole yet, im a bit heavy handed & careless to risk one of those when my round is where i want it i might

Feel bad for you, I would think arthritis is one if the last things you want in this line of work. My stepdaughter has suffered with arthritis since she was a child, anti inflammatories and painkillers until it gets too bad then it's joint replacements. Keep hearing an advert on LBC for something called APOS therapy, sounds like snake oil to me but might be worth looking into.

i'll google that cheers, its not too bad yet but my mum has it & so did my nan both in their hands & i dont think i'd be window cleaning if it wasn't for wfp but my heart bleeds for kids who have it, bad enough when your older but kids just wrong

Voltarol is diclofenac and works for me in conjunction with co codamol

But if you're not used to taking codeine the combo can leave you buzzin a bit

No need for ladders then

co codamol doesn't really work on me either :gush: think i might of built up a bit of a tolerance in my youth lol

When i slipped a disc i was taking those 2 and diazepamn to release the muscle

Never been so high in my life and i was one of the original illegal ravers on the disco biscuits lol

co codamol doesn't really work on me either :gush: think i might of built up a bit of a tolerance in my youth lol
Co codamol on it's own doesn’t touch the sides but it works well with other things in combination

Diclofenac/voltarol is a far stronger nsaid than ibuprofen so is perfectly safe to take with cocodamol as that is paracetamol and codeine

Just don't take ibuprofen with it

Feel bad for you, I would think arthritis is one if the last things you want in this line of work. My stepdaughter has suffered with arthritis since she was a child, anti inflammatories and painkillers until it gets too bad then it's joint replacements. Keep hearing an advert on LBC for something called APOS therapy, sounds like snake oil to me but might be worth looking into.
it seems to be for knee/walking problems but interesting & worth knowing about

I was diagnosed (prematurely) by my doctor earlier this year with arthritis, they took blood tests and a month later told me he was wrong, that was nice of him.

I did forever suffer from really bad joint aches and pain but doctors couldn't figure it out.

I have over the past 8-10 weeks been changing lifestyle as far as foods I eat and things I drink and also most importantly when I eat.

This brings me to snake oil, or to be more precise lemon and bicarb shots, this is something I have for breakfast daily, cleans the blood, helps clean the kidneys which in turn takes the strain off the skin and many other benefits.

Since I made these changes to lifestyle I have dropped almost 3 stone, and have had no aches or joint issues for at least a month or more.

This is something a friend put me on to, I am no doctor or expert so I do not tell this tale as advice just a tale of what I did and the results it has given me.

Someone else has asked me about lemon bicarb in a PM so I will do a vid later this week as to how I do it and you can pass your own judgments, it is all natural ingredients with none of the chemical **** that in the so called medicines they give you.

I do not claim it will heal or even help, this is just for information purposes only!

I was diagnosed (prematurely) by my doctor earlier this year with arthritis, they took blood tests and a month later told me he was wrong, that was nice of him.
I did forever suffer from really bad joint aches and pain but doctors couldn't figure it out.

I have over the past 8-10 weeks been changing lifestyle as far as foods I eat and things I drink and also most importantly when I eat.

This brings me to snake oil, or to be more precise lemon and bicarb shots, this is something I have for breakfast daily, cleans the blood, helps clean the kidneys which in turn takes the strain off the skin and many other benefits.

Since I made these changes to lifestyle I have dropped almost 3 stone, and have had no aches or joint issues for at least a month or more.

This is something a friend put me on to, I am no doctor or expert so I do not tell this tale as advice just a tale of what I did and the results it has given me.

Someone else has asked me about lemon bicarb in a PM so I will do a vid later this week as to how I do it and you can pass your own judgments, it is all natural ingredients with none of the chemical **** that in the so called medicines they give you.

I do not claim it will heal or even help, this is just for information purposes only!
its worth a try if its helped 1 person

great i'll give that a try for deff, we pump far too many chemicals in us just from our everyday diet

Naproxen is very good

It's an nsaid like ibuprofen or diclofenac

It works for me

Too much codeine will give you constipation though

his first idea was diclofenac but i get heartburn a bit now so i decided on naproxen, co codamol will give me a reaon to force the prune juice down ha ha

Back