Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Separate number

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yep I have a business phone £13 a month tmobile free calls to tmobile 250 minutes no internet as I don't need it on work I have it on my personal and I 300 txts a month. Definitely worth doing as you always answer your phone like normal thinking it might be someone you know when it's a customer, I answer my work phone as NJH Cleaning Services .......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same got a second phone. At first it was payg but moved to contract and got a s5. Now my personal phone contract is about to expire so will move that to payg and just use the business phone. Got unlimited texes and 300 minutes.

I'm contemplating getting a separate mobile phone for business

Also contemplating a VOIP phone which would redirect to my mobile.

Plus it can go against tax [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can indeed Neil....I think the pros far out way the cons on having a separate number for business use

My work phone just rang at half ten... I walked over and turned it off.. the missus says don't you want to know who called you? I said . No who the he'll wants to call a window cleaner at 10 at night if it's important they can leave a message..

My work phone just rang at half ten... I walked over and turned it off.. the missus says don't you want to know who called you? I said . No who the he'll wants to call a window cleaner at 10 at night if it's important they can leave a message..
lol....it would be good to return the call at 6 in the morning...that would make them think twice next time about ringing so late on a night...!!:devil:

They may well have expected to get a voicemail so they could leave a message. Maybe they just remembered that they needed to phone and did it before they forgot.

My business number is silent and on voicemail automatically at a particular time every day to save the annoyance of late calls.

----------

Paul

Hi paul, just browsed your website, I'm very impressed, you must be beating the customers off ! :) do you get much call for the three storey gutter clears? Do you think it's worth paying more for carbon poles or aluminium do the job?

As for the business phone against tax thing, isn't that if one earns more that the vat threshold or voluntary vat?

You'll be surprised what you can write off on tax

Even a percentage of home phone and electricity bills as you do work related stuff at home

Time on pc doing admin etc

Hi paul, just browsed your website, I'm very impressed, you must be beating the customers off ! :) do you get much call for the three storey gutter clears? Do you think it's worth paying more for carbon poles or aluminium do the job?
As for the business phone against tax thing, isn't that if one earns more that the vat threshold or voluntary vat?
Thanks for the compliments [emoji3]

I have done a number jobs taller than 2 storey, but do mostly 1 or 2. Sometimes the taller jobs are also bigger buildings, so a nice job to get. I use Ali poles, but on jobs taller than 2 storeys, then 2 of us do it together. CF poles may be good, but not having used them, I can't comment. Though I do wonder if they would take the same abuse as Ali. I would be constantly worried about knocking the ends of them, and staff don't take the same care of your kit as you do.

Regarding tax, if you are self employed then all net profit is deemed to be your earnings so subject to income tax. Everything claimed as a company expense comes out of profit, leaving less to pay income tax on.

----------

Paul

Oh ok, I researched vat but not income tax! Will do that.

Thanks for your info on poles, I can make a saving and go for alu and two storey for now. I'm used to a bit of weight training so I should be able to handle Ali to two storey ok - I hope.

Comes across on your site you really care about what you do and a lot of effort :)

Happy new year

Oh ok, I researched vat but not income tax! Will do that.
Thanks for your info on poles, I can make a saving and go for alu and two storey for now. I'm used to a bit of weight training so I should be able to handle Ali to two storey ok - I hope.

Comes across on your site you really care about what you do and a lot of effort :)

Happy new year
Thanks Jim, a lot of time and effort goes into that site.

In my opinion, any reasonably fit man shouldn't have any problems with Ali poles on 2 storey houses. If you also do any fitness or weight training then you certainly won't have a problem. Its no effort to me and I don't do any weight training. Even 3 storey, once the poles are in position, and assuming there aren't awkward angles is doable with one man. I used to do them on my own, but then got help. Two people makes it easier on your body and certainly safer - a lot less risk of dropping the poles to the ground. 4 storeys = 2 men for sure. I have rigged up a support pole for 4 storey work.

----------

Paul

After doing professional lawn mowing for a year about ten years ago, hefting a 50kg mower on and off a pickup all day, maybe 60 times with a crew mate, Plus pushing it up hill, I realised weight training and work heavy work seem different. Even with good nutrition and recovery, the work weighted work seemed a lot more tiring. I think going workouts for pleasure are less draining basically, in my experience.

Back