Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How would you set up your van?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

H

Hawke

So I know there are a lotta guys out here who love their vans and there are some great looking vehicles out there.

I've just ordered a new Citroen Berlingo with an 850kg payload and will build my own wfp set up from scratch and would love any hints/tips or lessons you've learned in hindsight??

Any pics would be a great help, but would love to get this right first time and can't wait to get stuck in! :specs:specs

Controller as close to the back door as possible, I stuck mine on the tank first time, so annoying to keep kneeling in every time. Oh And as much space as possible between the tank & back doors.

Ghetto stylee like mine

Waiting to pick up 2nd 210l tank to go the other side and a metal bulkhead that just bolts in to existing threaded mounting holes after my holiday and apart from that it is fine

If it does the job that is all that matters to me

I need the extra space for my gutter vac etc depending on what job i am doing

Tried to go down the windows only route but couldn't do it with all the existing customers wanting other jobs doing

Just quoted some flats to gutter vac and clean fascias for well over a grand for 3 days work so hard to turn that sort of work down

Got 5 quotes already since yesterday morning to do next Saturday when i get back

Pump etc is behind driver seat but i set control where i want it and it doesn't move all day

Screenshot_20170410-234437.png

I wouldn't fancy going round a corner in that Davey lol
Really??

Only 210l so the same as 8 drums

It is very stable and also i will have another identical tank the other side soon

It is usually balanced out with 8 drums of pure down the left hand side also

Really??Only 210l so the same as 8 drums

It is very stable and also i will have another identical tank the other side soon

Think about your safety in the event of an accident , looks like it's held in with a ratchet strap ? No bulk head that tank would kill you in the event of an accident only 210 ltr do you know what that equates to at a 30 mph impact ? Please for your own safety take this seriously 30 years in the fire service I've seen a number of people badly injured/killed by unstable loads don't be a statistic

Really??Only 210l so the same as 8 drums

If it's balanced I suppose it would be ok. Could just imagine it tipping lol

I have a metal safety bar setup behimd tje drivers seat and it is held down by four separate ratchet straps so won't move and am picking up a bulkhead when i get back from holiday

It is not ideal at the moment but is safe enough for the moment and will be sorted soon

A friend is making up frames for the tanks when i get the second also which need to be fitted with spreader plates through the false floor with some clever welding

It may look ropey but it works

I have gone from a backpack type setup in a car to a van and am out working while gradually getting the bits together for a decent diy system

Gotta start somewhere as you did once

I have no interest in paying for someone else to fit a system at inflated prices

Got good pump and controller

Reel

Pole etc

Now gradually improving the other bits

It may look ropey but it worksI have gone from a backpack type setup in a car to a van and am out working while gradually getting the bits together for a decent diy system

Gotta start somewhere as you did once

I have no interest in paying for someone else to fit a system at inflated prices

Got good pump and controller

Reel

Pole etc

Now gradually improving the other bits
I dont disagree in the slightest mate. Just think it looks a touch ropey is all. More a concern for your safety than dissing your gear mate.

Seriously that tank is going nowhere at the moment

There is a backup of built in bars behind my seat to stop any load hitting me

I am paranoid about a loose tank hitting me as a mates dad died a few years ago in a crash where a generator came through into the cab which is why i have 4 heavy duty ratchet straps anchored at different points to ensure it doesn't move at all

1 thing i did learn in reme was how to secure a load although i will still be happier once i have the bulkhead fitted and tank secured properly in a cage and then strapped for peace of mind

Latest Posts

Back