Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Am I too Expensive

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'd clean that for 10 -12 quid, normally..... But as with most things, it's not always that straight forward. I seems to be right on the road side so those top windows would have to be cleaned by almost standing in the road at best. Also, the second storey windows have railings around the bottom so more struggling with WFP

north price 7 poundssouth price 19+vat
So wrong.

I am more expensive than 80% of my southern counterparts.

Honestly I would want £25 for that and if they dont want to pay i'd just say thanks and walk away.

Too often a windy goes to a job and says £20 the customer says 'I was thinking more like £8' and the windy just says OK and accepts.

The one thing that turned my business about was when I started charging decent prices and refusing to haggle. Don't get me wrong, when a quote is running in the hundreds then yes 10% or so can be haggled but on small £20 jobs the price is the price.

If you say £20 and the custy says £8 and you take it that just shows that you had no belief that you were asking a fair value to start with and later, after the job you'll be on here bitching about what a PITA it is for £8.

The mind often boggles.

So wrong.

Honestly I would want £25 for that and if they dont want to pay i'd just say thanks and walk away.

Too often a windy goes to a job and says £20 the customer says 'I was thinking more like £8' and the windy just says OK and accepts.

The one thing that turned my business about was when I started charging decent prices and refusing to haggle. Don't get me wrong, when a quote is running in the hundreds then yes 10% or so can be haggled but on small £20 jobs the price is the price.

If you say £20 and the custy says £8 and you take it that just shows that you had no belief that you were asking a fair value to start with and later, after the job you'll be on here bitching about what a PITA it is for £8.

The mind often boggles.
Completely agree Green, some people are way cheap and makes it hard for the rest of us. I know where that pub is and 12.50 is crazy crazy cheap, should be £25 at least, wooden flakey frames, 3 floors, sash windows and right on the road. Put your prices up people :thumbsup::rof:

I agree with green, don't haggle. My price is my price. Higher or lower than others I have looked at the job and decided x is the price I won't for doing it. If they don't like it, fine nice to meet you and off I go.

IMO I don't think a pub would ever pay £25, Monthly yeah but not weekly. With how pinched landlords are there days I reckon to keep that customer long term the best you could get for cleaning all windows shown would be £18 per week. If he don't accept that then walk away.

IMO I don't think a pub would ever pay £25, Monthly yeah but not weekly. With how pinched landlords are there days I reckon to keep that customer long term the best you could get for cleaning all windows shown would be £18 per week. If he don't accept that then walk away.
Tomorrow I will go into my local Porsche dealer and tell them that their £65k car is only really worth £30k and that's what their going to sell it to me for.

I'll let you know how I get on.

What the customer 'wants' to pay is of no relevance..... the price needs (like any othe industry) to be the price. If they dont want to pay they can DIY or not have it done.

I am rather simply sick of people trying to tell me what they value my skills and time at.

My best mate is a London Plumber and he is CHEAP at £45 ph. If he pulled up and you said 'no mate.....£20' i'd be attending his funeral ad he would have died laughing at you.

I guess I am at that stage with the senior windys where we make a very good luving so don't need to put up with the dregs. If it is the difference between your kids eating tonight or not then take the £10 otherwise as @boarcity says, shift that turd to the other mans plate.

I would rather see my competitors messing with it at **** rates as I know that as long as they are they wont be hassling quality work.

Tomorrow I will go into my local Porsche dealer and tell them that their £65k car is only really worth £30k and that's what their going to sell it to me for.I'll let you know how I get on.

What the customer 'wants' to pay is of no relevance..... the price needs (like any othe industry) to be the price. If they dont want to pay they can DIY or not have it done.

I am rather simply sick of people trying to tell me what they value my skills and time at.

My best mate is a London Plumber and he is CHEAP at £45 ph. If he pulled up and you said 'no mate.....£20' i'd be attending his funeral ad he would have died laughing at you.

I guess I am at that stage with the senior windys where we make a very good luving so don't need to put up with the dregs. If it is the difference between your kids eating tonight or not then take the £10 otherwise as @boarcity says, shift that turd to the other mans plate.

I would rather see my competitors messing with it at **** rates as I know that as long as they are they wont be hassling quality work.
I suppose if you have a quality round (which I'm sure you do Green) and can 90% of the time earn at least £25+ an hour(because by the time you pull up, get your gear out and do that job, collect ect, It will be an hour, more or less) then hey, fair enough, as you say....... "don't need to put up with the dregs"

But if he turns out to be a good custy that is gona bring in (4x£18) £72 a month, then surely there is a load of room for a price drop. Especially for us newbies that are still climbing the ladder

Difference is with the car dealer ship, is you are getting a one off, but as we well know if we order two or three vans from a dealership will can get a better deal! Ok well.... maybe not on a Porsche, those darn elitists!/emoticons/smile.png

So wrong.

The mind often boggles.
would that be 25 + vat or are you stil under the vat limit ??

is £12.50 weekly wash to expensive? Answers on a post card please
i think £20 would be a fair good price thats only 15 minits work there the so say 20 in total set up time and colecting the cash and geting them to close the windows if there open

Latest Posts

Back