Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any advice from Benz users?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Bought an internet deal at Bonnymans today at Beith. Ten 25l tubs of 15% Hypo, two 5l tubs of surfactant, one 5l tub of biocide and a litre of smell enhancer. Total £220 and you can get free delivery with that order. It says you save £85 but its handy to have as a stock backup. I'm still not up and running because my van alarm needs a new part so Monday it maybe fixed.

What’s the best way to dispose of hypo tubs guys? Can you green bag them or do they need to go to a recycling center?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

The 25l tubs I received today where black and black plastic is non recyclable, maybe they can burn it. I will just cut them up with grinder and stick in recycle or waste bin. Handy if they were clear.

What’s the best way to dispose of hypo tubs guys? Can you green bag them or do they need to go to a recycling center?

I feel feel bad about doing it but we put them out for the dustman , I have tried unsuccessfully to recycle them recycling center say it’s trade waist and won’t take them and the suppliers don’t want to take them back either , we get through loads of them in a year it’s a great pity they cannot be re used or filled 

I feel feel bad about doing it but we put them out for the dustman , I have tried unsuccessfully to recycle them recycling center say it’s trade waist and won’t take them and the suppliers don’t want to take them back either , we get through loads of them in a year it’s a great pity they cannot be re used or filled 
Awww no. We have green bags for recycling and black bins for general waste. I cant realistically put them in my black bin as there would be no room for household waste. I suppose I will have to use 5 litre containers of hypo, bag them up and try to fit them in the bin? 25L is just too big to be disposing of at home. If recycling centers won’t have them where the hell do they expect you to take them?!

My hypo supplier (local swimming pool suppliers) takes them back (I had to ask - they didn't offer or seem that keen but are fine now) - just save them up and return them when i get new supplies...we don't have a spare planet guys ? 

Back