Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to start a window cleaning business.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Starting a business is pretty overwhelming at times, but if you are able to control stress and set up realistic goals things work out

Do you need to register with HMRC as self employed before you start or can you wait a couple of weeks to see if you can leaflet drop and canvass some work?

I think I read somewhere that registering had to be done by the October of the 2nd year.

As the personal allowance is £11,500 I would not expect to get near that in the first year of trading starting from scratch.

Do you need to register with HMRC as self employed before you start or can you wait a couple of weeks to see if you can leaflet drop and canvass some work?

I think I read somewhere that registering had to be done by the October of the 2nd year.

As the personal allowance is £11,500 I would not expect to get near that in the first year of trading starting from scratch.
Just register, doesn't cost you anything and they are very helpful in helping you keep all the correct receipts and records. 

howdy partner...

yep both but I try and dodge the :turd: glass...

only started wfp last summer and love it...

but I love to trad too..

and trad doesnt leave the windows wet:rolleyes:

dont get them going on which is best ...as that will go on forever.

only one custy moaned so far..so I just changed back to trad for him..

although I too do get....can you clean traditionally? enquiries...

yep me cleans em anyway you wants em....AS LONG AS I GET MA MONEY... :D

Interesting you say about doing both, I've been mulling over trad'ing just recently too ever since i noticed it's easier than dealing with trailing hose, pump, trolley etc. Well.. kinda.

I noticed that for ground floor windows a pole at 1.5m in length in a confined space can be a pita. So I had an idea one day while out in the kitchen... the dustpan & brush contains a brush.. just like the WFP. So from poundland came a nice new blue dustpan & brush set for (yup you guessed it) £1. The pan is kinda discarded.. okay, still got it but it's just kinda stashed as a spare pan. The brush however has proved immensely useful for small / ground floor windows. Hole the WFP in one hand spraying out the PW and use the small hand held brush in the other. It's light, it's small and it's fast. Very fast. But it felt wrong!

Okay, it works, it's cheap, it's easy.. but it kinda felt like i should have soap and a scraper / squeegee thing... and so I found myself mulling that over. My only real question is does trad really have to be done using a ladder or can a WFP be bodged to do it?

Latest Posts

Back