Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Set up list for gutter cleaning start up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

GutterCleared

I am currently in the process of getting my plan and costs together to start my own gutter clear and clean business.

I have a gutter vac in mind (GVS) and I know I need
1. A van
2. Ladders
3. Public liability insurance

What else would you suggest I acquire?

I also need to know what I will need to clean the outside of gutters - what do you suggest?

Im looking to start this part time and build up before I quit the day job, but I want to make sure I have all the right equipment and look professional before I start

I look forward to reading your thoughts

To do Gutter, Soffit and Fascia cleaning I would suggest a 'backpack' sprayer (Gardiners are good) to spray chemicals on then a clx25 pole (ideally SLX) with a brush on the end to spray the chemicals, scrub, then rinse with hose connected to pole from customers tap.
If you have a pole, brush and backpack then you just need pure water and you could do window cleaning!

I assume you have done your research and know if there is enough work out in your area? In my opinion, domestic gutter clearing is a bit seasonal and you will always be hunting for work. Domestic window cleaning gets you regular customers, so you have relatively reliable work!

I am currently in the process of getting my plan and costs together to start my own gutter clear and clean business.

I have a gutter vac in mind (GVS) and I know I need
1. A van
2. Ladders
3. Public liability insurance

What else would you suggest I acquire?

I also need to know what I will need to clean the outside of gutters - what do you suggest?

Im looking to start this part time and build up before I quit the day job, but I want to make sure I have all the right equipment and look professional before I start

I look forward to reading your thoughts
I think the no1 requirement is a demand for services and potential work = equals customers

Always measure the demand before spending big

Latest Posts

Back