Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any people changed their mind

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Less than 5 minutes drive from my house to my first job, passed a roofer doing a job a property maintenance van, window cleaner a firm doing a driveway and a gardener out cutting grass at peoples homes  

The roofer is an idiot. I'll bet the moment the owner says "would you like a cuppa?" he'll be "yes please love"... there's a possible source of infection on the mug. It's just not worth it.

To be fair windys and gardeners are almost certainly at less general risk however this thing can survive in the air for 3 hours. Someone up the road might exhale it into the wind straight in your direction. You breathe in... I know it doesn't sound very plausible but this virus is spreading like wildfire for a reason - it's highly infectious.

All the doubters such as Boris all said it was nothing to worry about, just wash your hands.. Now he's in Intensive Care. Dominic Cummings who wanted us to build up a herd immunbity by getting deliberately infected legged it out hte back of No 10 as fast as he could the moment the news broke that Boris had it. He's not been seen since, has become a confirmed infection himself and is presumably now hoping to build up his own herd immunity. What he failed to realise was that many would die in the process of that herd immunity building up. His infection couldn't of happened to a nicer fella.

Last edited by a moderator:
The roofer is an idiot. I'll bet the moment the owner says "would you like a cuppa?" he'll be "yes please love"... there's a possible source of infection on the mug. It's just not worth it.

To be fair windys and gardeners are almost certainly at less general risk however this thing can survive in the air for 3 hours. Someone up the road might exhale it into the wind straight in your direction. You breathe in... I know it doesn't sound very plausible but this virus is spreading like wildfire for a reason - it's highly infectious.

All the doubters such as Boris all said it was nothing to worry about, just wash your hands.. Now he's in Intensive Care. Dominic Cummings who wanted us to build up a herd immunbity by getting deliberately infected legged it out hte back of No 10 as fast as he could the moment the news broke that Boris had it. He's not been seen since, has become a confirmed infection himself and is presumably now hoping to build up his own herd immunity. What he failed to realise was that many would die in the process of that herd immunity building up. His infection couldn't of happened to a nicer fella.
Why would you wish the infection on someone?

You have labelled the roofer an idiot because you think he will accept a cuppa, he was working on one house replacing the roof, far enough away from the house owners, someone posted a pic of a window cleaner last week who had accepted a cuppa of a custy, some of the other trades I saw working non of them were wearing disposable gloves

How individuals act without thought it's usually those not working that are going about carelessly, people going to parks with their kids having picnics and so on even shopping a lot of people just aren't thinking about their actions consciously, I was talking to a custy yesterday she said her daughter lives in a flat in London and the amount of people that are out and about and were interacting with each other on the green space outside the flats assuming they were safe she said was shocking.

Why would you wish the infection on someone?
I'm not wishing anything on anyone however it is rather ironic that Dominic Cummings has since tested positive after legging it after he wanted all of us to catch it.

You have labelled the roofer an idiot because you think he will accept a cuppa, he was working on one house replacing the roof, far enough away from the house owners
Fair play then but you know what a lot of tradesmen can be like - especially playing down risks etc.

I’m really in two minds whether to go back start of May or to carry on waiting it out, if there’s any windy’s that stopped working sent messages but then wanted to go back after a few weeks how did you get around that? Did you send message explaining to customers or did you just go back to without saying anything?

I text all my customers when I stopped after BJ’s announcement and had lots of texts back saying they’d wait for me to come back.

I’ve decided to go back tomorrow but as I had a lot to explain I just text them to say please visit my FB page. I then put a lengthy message on the page about working and payment procedures that would’ve been a nightmare sending by text.

I’ve been so overwhelmed by the response. So many people have commented or text me directly thanking me for the communication, agreeing to the working practice and welcoming me back. I’ve got around 450 customers and only had 2 say can I skip this round of cleans but pick up on next clean. So far not lost a customer after 4 weeks off. 
Just got to get round them all now. 

If it’s a case of you want to go back but are worried about customers reaction why don’t you just ask a few for their opinion?

If it’s more of a case of you not wanting to then I’d find a way to communicate it to your customers with your reasons why. 
just leaving it without communication would be the worst option in my opinion 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've decided to go back on the first Monday of May as opposed to my original plan of going back in June. Long story short, although only leaving the house once a week to get food and being very careful I still managed to catch corona. Thankfully, and the whole reason why we were isolating was for my vulnerable son, everyone else in the house has been fine.  On the plus side I've lost over a stone in weight. Had the full works, constant cough, temperature, one night in particular really struggling to breathe.  Looking forward to getting back out there now and to a little bit of normality.

I've decided to go back on the first Monday of May as opposed to my original plan of going back in June. Long story short, although only leaving the house once a week to get food and being very careful I still managed to catch corona. Thankfully, and the whole reason why we were isolating was for my vulnerable son, everyone else in the house has been fine.  On the plus side I've lost over a stone in weight. Had the full works, constant cough, temperature, one night in particular really struggling to breathe.  Looking forward to getting back out there now and to a little bit of normality.
Jeez! Glad you're alright now.

Glad you're better, exactly the same thing happened to me and my Wife. Follow the rules and still get it, I'm probably back May 1st

If anyone does go out and ends up accepting cash, just remember the new polymer notes are washable and designed to survive the washing machine. I chuck all my notes and coins in the sink and disinfect the lot.

Then i wash it all in my hands with soap.

Thanks, I hope you and the wife are doing ok. Typical isn't it, it always seems to be those that dont take care and take risks that seem to be fine. 
Might have something to do with Vitamin D, although it is a big 'might'.  I must say though, since starting window cleaning and considering I'm in the cold and rain, snow etc I don't seem to have had many colds in the last year, I think I've had one although it was pretty bad.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11431860/scientists-investigate-link-coronavirus-vitamin-d/

If anyone does go out and ends up accepting cash, just remember the new polymer notes are washable and designed to survive the washing machine. I chuck all my notes and coins in the sink and disinfect the lot.

Then i wash it all in my hands with soap.
Why? Corona dies after 4 hours. Just don't handle till the next day and wash your hands. 

Do you guys think customers will be ok with me aiming to come back June 1st, surely they will be ok until then? Just don’t want to lose customers but I’d rather go back then as things would of calmed down a lot.

The government will declare all is well by June 1st, they won't want to be writing anymore blank cheques.

As for Vitamin D, a few weeks back it was announced that Vitamin C was doing a splendid job helping people in hospital to fight it off. The doctors reckoned people weren't using it because it's not a sexy miracle drug that cures everything easily. Naturally i've not managed to find any since. With that said, Berrocca (which is super strong Vit C - about 5x the normal dose) seems to be left on the shelves at about 5x the price. People are nutters lol.

Do you guys think customers will be ok with me aiming to come back June 1st, surely they will be ok until then? Just don’t want to lose customers but I’d rather go back then as things would of calmed down a lot.
Have you read this whole post you created, maybe read the 2,572 replies in this post  https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/31782-are-window-cleaners-still-allowed-to-work-during-coronavirus-covid-19/ there might be something to give you guidance

Latest Posts

Back