Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone for a mug?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hear what your saying as it is incredibly frustrating when customers commit and then change their mind.

I have only learnt by experience mate which is why I now always charge more for first cleans or one off cleans explaining that this is because it takes more time and uses more water (WFP)

Customers understand this as it makes sense. It wouldn't make sense if I said that I was doing it out of fear that they were going to do a runner and not commit to a regular clean. Think that point is a fairly obvious one /emoticons/smile.png

Lastly - I always take what customers say (especially new customers) at face value. i have a business card holder on the back on my van. This is great as I just refer passers by to it so that I don't get interrupted when cleaning but I have a theory that those that can be bothered to follow the hosepipe and get a card are the ones that do actually want a clean and will call and those that don't walk away.

Theres not much you can do but keep going, yesterday i went to clean someone house for first time i had arranged on FB, well i got there and there was defo someone in (little kids running around inside), i kept knocking but no answer.

So i had to leave it, i messaged her on fb to ask why no one was in and no reply

people are just *****.

I could have cleaned it and left a note but if she wasnt going to answer door whats the chance she was going to pay up.

ive had plenty of car valets and carpet cleans cancel at the last minute, people just feck u about, its so frustrating

Alien that business card idea is good, same reason I'd rather post a flyer and wait rather than knock doors. I might do that but only if I can find a removablr magnetic one.

Sorry to hear that adamangler, it really is annoying. Not only have yoi wasted time arranging it, you've then wasted time going there, and petrol, but worst of all you might have turned away other work as it clashed. As it happened I had to push back a job to today because of it, which is now delaying me for another job booked yesterday, there is a knock on effect. Soon I'll be charging a fiver just to let someone even talk about getting a quote /emoticons/wink.png

So your saying that you would soap someone's windows who said they wanted a monthly clean (so you priced accordingly) but they then change their minds for whatever reason?
yes I would if they did not pay the price for one off clean.

Alien that business card idea is good, same reason I'd rather post a flyer and wait rather than knock doors. I might do that but only if I can find a removablr magnetic one.
Sorry to hear that adamangler, it really is annoying. Not only have yoi wasted time arranging it, you've then wasted time going there, and petrol, but worst of all you might have turned away other work as it clashed. As it happened I had to push back a job to today because of it, which is now delaying me for another job booked yesterday, there is a knock on effect. Soon I'll be charging a fiver just to let someone even talk about getting a quote /emoticons/wink.png
I do find people who contact me either from flyer or facebook etc are more reliable customers than someone i have knocked

Daveyboy I have no idea how facepoke and that works, but need to get on it this weekend before the summers over! Going to start a thread on it, feel free to chime in with any knowledge you have on it :)

I'll pm you later and help you out bud

I've not used mine for weeks as i am busy but i can guide you through ot

I assume you have a facebook account..if not sign up and make one (personal one) and I'll give you a shout later

Being a saddo at the mo and watching an old dire straits gig on tv

Mark knopfler is still the best guitarist ever imo

Sultans of swing solo..can't touch it

I'll pm you later and help you out budI've not used mine for weeks as i am busy but i can guide you through ot

I assume you have a facebook account..if not sign up and make one (personal one) and I'll give you a shout later

Being a saddo at the mo and watching an old dire straits gig on tv

Mark knopfler is still the best guitarist ever imo

Sultans of swing solo..can't touch it
@daveyboy1

Wanna learn some of his stuff? I've got a YouTube channel devoted to the man, where I teach (try to) people how to play his amzing stuff!

Went to see him at the O2 in May, was bloody amazing !

He is the reason i started playing years ago..not done it for at least 14 years now

He has got even better with age..have you ever seen him explain how he gets the sound for money for nothing?

Clever playing

[media]

[/media]

He is the reason i started playing years ago..not done it for at least 14 years now
Never to late to pick it up again!

Yeah he's an absolute superb song writer as well, amazing, such a distinct style, there's nothing like dire straits, nothing close!

And my mates take the p1ss out of me liking them

Romeo and juliet lyrics are cool

Portabello belle is good as that's where i am from (well portabello road market was the road next to mine)

And there I ws thinking I was the old man! Haha. Dire straits, now that is loving the golden oldies! Saying that, my favourite guitarist is the legend that is Jimi. Blasting his album out of the van today in the sunshine, windows down, its funny how it gets louder and louder, then its only when you've been out and got back in and turn it back on you realise just how loud you've had it on! You may have actually heard me from colchester :rofl:

Cheers daveyboy, appreciate that. Have a 2 weeks a month to fill still. Have started a social media thread if easier or can pm me if you don't wanna share. Enjoy the concert you old fart :coffee::rofl: Not got any accounts yet , was going to set up some business ones this weekend, do I need a personal one as well them? Damnit, so many passwords lol

@MrBump

My way of winding down, when the wife's out /emoticons/wink.png

You wouldn't believe I'm 26 lol!!!

[media]

[/media]

I love acid house and drum n bass etc but have a wide musical taste

I have been known to fall asleep listening to pantera theough my headphones..gotta love cowboys from hell

[media]

[/media]
@daveyboy1

This is old, but I tried to do it justice!!

I'm self taught, so haven't got a clue on any theory etc

I'll stick with my classic jamo 365's Jake

Got modern speakers but can't beat them and my jb labs sub

When you can make it look this easy Jake you will have cracked it

[media]

[/media]

Back