Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aqua tech and sure flow pumps

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As per  title has anyone had used both pumps ??which do you prefer and why ?? Always had the aqua tech but they are getting harder to source so was wondering about trying the sure flow . Thanks in advance . 

From early postings @Pjj Alex Gardiner preferred Flojet to Shurflo pumps as Shurflo had pressure switch issues. He then went over to Aquatec pumps.

Honestly since the beginning of wfp we have used Shurflo and since the onset of controllers we have had no issue with them at all. In fact the one pump is still working after 15 years and the other isn't that much younger. One of those doesn't have a working pressure switch.

A number of years ago there was a few threads about cheap copy Shurflo pumps being sold on the UK market which made me a little wary. I think Doug Atkinson looked up a couple of serial numbers from forum members and concluded they weren't the genuine article.

If I purchased a replacement, it would be from him as I know he would only sell the genuine pump made in the USA. Apparently one of the suppliers selling these Chinese counterfeit pumps was a well known WFP supplier.

The trouble we have atm as window cleaners is that equipment is getting harder to source and prices are rising. We may have no choice in the future to buy what's available rather than what we would like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always had the aqua tech ones and been very pleased with them ,but since Gardiners stoped selling them it’s a bit difficult to source them one well know supplier says they have stuff in stock but when you have ordered  it and paid they take forever to deliver then they say they are waiting for them to come in , I know @doug atkinson doesn’t sell them only the shurflow ones as I did speak to him about them , when I have tk change the pumps I don’t want to have a load of fitting hassles at the moment all my pumps have John guest fittings and it’s si quick and easy to change a pump over what fittings do the shureflow pumps come with ???

Shurflo come with 1/2 inch male ports which you can fit 1/2 inch female BSP to 1//2 push fit if you want JG fittings on them.

As per  title has anyone had used both pumps ??which do you prefer and why ?? Always had the aqua tech but they are getting harder to source so was wondering about trying the sure flow . Thanks in advance . 
I've been using shurflo for a long time and can confirm that they are one of the best pumps on the market.

Well made and easy to maintain.

The only precautionary I can mention is to ensure they always stay dry as water can sit on the top of the motor and corrode the top cap after many years, I use a DA Components rubber top cap.

Wouldn't go back to anything else now

Last edited by a moderator:
Back