Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are window cleaners still allowed to work during Coronavirus (Covid-19)?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lol you need to get a grip mate ,the advice is crystal clear STAY AT  HOME UNLESS YOU ARE A KEY WORKER YOU AND I ARNT KEY WORKERS , I accept the likelihood of us contacting or passing it on is very unlikely but with peoples attitudes like yours this is why we are in the situation we are in . I you turned up at my door when I had been sent home from work you would find yourself being instantly sacked and you details put all over social media , you need to see the bigger picture my friend there will always be windows to clean but might not be you or I tk di them if this isnt taken seriously , better to be safe than sorry , most of our customers are happy fir us to carry on but when I explain the situation to them they understand and agree it’s unwise to carry on , 
If you read my last posts; you will realise that I conceded and have decided to stay home after all.

Jolly good a sensible decision ??? take a well earned break that’s what we are doing ?
Its just not worth the risk. I'm ok for a few months before i need to look into taking drastic financial measures. To be honest though, the world is going to change and become a very different place over the next 6 months, i have a feeling that this isn't even the start of things to come.

Hated window cleaning anyway, good money in it..that's about all really, 

So I did go out and after a brew and a think about it in the van I turned round and went home.

It just didn't seem right with all this, and I had 30 pensioner's flats to clean and I know they are going to get too close and the thought of Joe Public seeing my van and all the negativity that come with it didn't feel good.

So I've texted all my customers and my phone as been pinging all day with nothing but praise and kind words,,(some have even paid me and told to keep it) .

One good thing all you guys should find is the customers will sympathise and support you and they won't dump you. It was quiet humbling really.

So my application has gone in for my role as a logistics director (van driver) and if I get it the money won't be a patch on what I'm used to it won't soak our savings up as quick.

Unless I get my 80% then sod working!

Its just not worth the risk. I'm ok for a few months before i need to look into taking drastic financial measures
As I said on a previous post, anyone that has a mortgage needs to speak to their mortgage provider now, not wait till when the ? is hitting the fan.

Hopefully this won't drag on, but it looks like it will, so it's probably best to find out exactly where you stand now.

Nicola sturgeon says ok for gardeners n window cleaners to work as long as no contact my wife said was on scottish news. Interesting, still need to be sensible

Ok that's me shut down for 3 weeks. Time to enjoy a beer, some food and a nice sit in the garden, coming to think about it lets view this as a forced, government backed holiday! YAY...

Remember, everyone is in the same boat. Hold tight and lets ride this out. 

keep safe
Hang on, weren't you calling us all numpty's last night? Welcome to the numpty club ?

Nicola sturgeon says ok for gardeners n window cleaners to work as long as no contact my wife said was on scottish news. Interesting, still need to be sensible
Really?? I’m not surprised tbh, if there’s no contact what’s the problem? Pay by bacs = no contact, simple. I didn’t work today as it felt morally wrong but I also felt like we’d be ok to carry on as we’re not in contact with anybody if we don’t want to be.

As I said on a previous post, anyone that has a mortgage needs to speak to their mortgage provider now, not wait till when the ? is hitting the fan.

Hopefully this won't drag on, but it looks like it will, so it's probably best to find out exactly where you stand now.
Mortgage been put on hold for 3 month, when starts back up gotta pay extra cover    Interest rates

Dear All,

Many questions have been asked "can we work during this Covid 19 crisis ? this depends what your work is, however there are many European Governments who are now through their local authorities sanitising/ disinfecting outside areas, buildings, doctor surgeries, street furniture, park play areas etc.

If you have or access to a Reach & Wash system or other make you should now make it known to your local authority or NHS Trusts. Soon it maybe a requirement by our Government to carry out such tasks , there is not enough council workers or equipment to fulfil this problem, however there are thousands of you who have systems in vans or spraying equipment which can be used for sanitising/disinfecting if this is the case then you will be classed as FRONT LINE SERVICES against Covid 19 Coronavirus.

Spraying has already  started in the private sector Eg Supermarkets doorways, shopping trolleys and some other food shops, there are many taxi drivers very exposed with little protection, doors inside and outside of taxis should be sprayed to protect all and hand sanitisers should be used by them and the people they are carrying.this will help reduce the chances  of catching this virus.

Good luck stay safe

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Nicola sturgeon just said on tv there that gardeners and window cleaners can still work as it will be good for the community! 
An epidemiologist on the BBC answered a question from a viewer about having a gardener attend their home and she advised against, the blatant message the media are giving out is stay at home unless essential to go out, rocking up and using Nicola Sturgeon said so as a valid excuse won't carry any weight at all 

If every 15-30 minutes on the news they said window cleaners can go to work without custy contact I would be out the door, they keep saying builders are still working in London but I got told by my neighbour 3 major house builders he has worked for have closed all sites as of this morning I am based in the North East of England, I think Boris needs to stop prancing about and get lot firmer with his actions and wording, he seems to laid back in the way he voices the advice. 

Back