Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are window cleaners still allowed to work during Coronavirus (Covid-19)?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tory government has really done a job on us. First they convince the public that only essential work is acceptable. Yesterday morning the government Minister is saying everyone that can't work from home and can work whilst maintaining social distancing should carry on to keep the economy functioning. 

I fully expect any help to be unavailable for our industry as we can (in most normal cases) work in isolation. I'm happy to carry on and if the advice doesn't change and no support for lost income becomes available I will start again next week.
I'm same as you took this week off to see what gets put in place for window cleaners..

If we are told we are to get nothing I will be back out on Monday..

Yes, If help was available i wouldn’t  be working. I feel guilty going out as it is at the moment. I would seek help from gov instead.

But at the moment Legally I CAN work, and financially I HAVE to work. I don’t have another option.

Good side is I don’t have social media so don’t have to worry about FB etc, and most of work isn’t in my town
Your doing nothing wrong mate..needs must ,we all have to live .

We're all hard working guys and deserve a deal to be out on the table to protect us all..we should all be told to stay at home as we're not essential work.

If the government clearly says window cleaners can carry on but safely. I mean boris or on the gov site clearly stated. Would you go out, would that be the trigger it’s ok or would you not go and seek help from gov? I think morally it’s wrong now and dangerous to ya and our families. Also the trend in FB if people taking pictures and saying why is this guy or girl out cleaning! Signed vans, destroyed business image locally. 
I keep going back to this and will probably do so again many times. If I lived in London, the South East or any other highly populated dense city then I wouldn't have a problem lying in bed all day doing SFA, receiving Government money or not. Supposedly the Government initiative was to prevent the NHS being overrun and to therefore manage the peaks of infection. London, unfortunately, soon will have a massive rise in infections and deaths and anybody that works there, and especially those travelling on the Tube, should really give their heads a shake. They therefore should be fully locked down and all Public Transport should be Policed and only essential workers allowed to work.

Where I live the last figure I saw was 20 known cases and 3 deaths. If we are to follow Government instructions about distance and safeguarding I am less at risk where I live then those currently sitting on their high horses, telling me I would somehow be immoral to follow Government instruction and go out to work, were 4 weeks ago. Didn't notice many on here then saying they'd stopped working even though they had seen and heard about the infection ravaging Italy at the time.

These savings are also my Pension, so when I spend £5k of these it means I have £5k less for my pension. I know I'm younger than you but I don't have much time left before I am forced to retire so would prefer my savings, that I've worked hard for and paid tax on, to stay where they are. 
I'll consider going out if you consider been my security, I can hide behind you and no one will be able to see me 

Yes, If help was available i wouldn’t  be working. I feel guilty going out as it is at the moment. I would seek help from gov instead.

But at the moment Legally I CAN work, and financially I HAVE to work. I don’t have another option.

Good side is I don’t have social media so don’t have to worry about FB etc, and most of work isn’t in my town
I don't feel good about going out but seeing as I just cleared my savings out to start a new guy who now won't start until it's over (my choice) I now have no choice. 

Just bad timing on my part.

I would be happy to stay at home if they will pay us although it's still a bitter pill to swallow as I have kept myself out of the ratrace all my working life apart from 3 years in the army which I feel should mean they are grateful to me not stitch me up lol.

3 years army and 7 years reserves after counts for nothing.

That is how this country works when you are no longer any use to them.

Read Tumbledown about a lad in the Falklands whose dad was a general but when shot in the head and permanent brain damage/issues they wiped their hands of him.

This country no matter what government is totally fooked up.

I'll consider going out if you consider been my security, I can hide behind you and no one will be able to see me 
He is a lump lol.

Him and his son could hide the rest of us and I'm not small.

Im 6'2 and felt like a dwarf talking to them.

But they are rugby boys so not the worst people you can meet.

That's the thing with us who play/played rugby it's our nature to think of the others like if playing a game.

If they give us no choice with work it doesn't sit right as we are team players if you get what I mean.

I don't feel good about going out but seeing as I just cleared my savings out to start a new guy who now won't start until it's over (my choice) I now have no choice. 

Just bad timing on my part.

I would be happy to stay at home if they will pay us although it's still a bitter pill to swallow as I have kept myself out of the ratrace all my working life apart from 3 years in the army which I feel should mean they are grateful to me not stitch me up lol.

3 years army and 7 years reserves after counts for nothing.

That is how this country works when you are no longer any use to them.

Read Tumbledown about a lad in the Falklands whose dad was a general but when shot in the head and permanent brain damage/issues they wiped their hands of him.

This country no matter what government is totally fooked up.
Stop trying to persuade people otherwise. 

We know the situation but some don't have a choice no matter how guilty you try to make them feel.

You could stand 10 feet away and people still wouldn't be able to see me unless you pick me up but keep me at arms length ?

View attachment 19834
How tall(short)are you bud?

Knee high to a grasshopper lol.

Or as I was taught knee high to a scotsman

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped facebook years ago, coz of what its like. In my view most of the ones posting bad stuff about people cleaning windows etc are the scum. Witch hunts etc are the same. Im not talking about peoples opinions on here, just bored people/keyboard warriors who like to bully/bad mouth people when they donrt really know what their talking about. Most likely they either dont work themselves or are waiting for their nice plump freeby pay-outs. Well stuff them, they can shout abuse at me but they will certainly get it back, and some.

What I do not get is everyone is at home can only go out once a and window cleaners want to drive and walk about. People that get it will be the stats that played dice. If you have a family no ******* way. High risk for bit cash when next week none of us be allowed anyway. Look at the 4000 beds at excel centre with three death rooms built. Need a head wobble 

hell, I bet some of those facebook shamers are even the same people who think nothing of smoking away indoors with the children passively smoking it too. Very health conscious, not.

Looks like Nicola Sturgeon may have done a full U-turn stating that the new legislation brought in today, saying only people that should be going to work are those that are essential, details will be fully outlined later today, no doubt as the numbers have jumped right across Scotland she also said numbers had been previously incorrectly calculated 

Looks like Nicola Sturgeon may have done a full U-turn stating that the new legislation brought in today, saying only people that should be going to work are those that are essential, details will be fully outlined later today, no doubt as the numbers have jumped right across Scotland she also said numbers had been previously incorrectly calculated 
They also said on main news that not all self employed people will get help..

Waiting for Doris to give us a financial package .fingers crossed guys..

Back