Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are window cleaners still allowed to work during Coronavirus (Covid-19)?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

What I do not get is everyone is at home can only go out once a and window cleaners want to drive and walk about. People that get it will be the stats that played dice. If you have a family no ******* way. High risk for bit cash when next week none of us be allowed anyway. Look at the 4000 beds at excel centre with three death rooms built. Need a head wobble 
Tell me how it's high risk?

Worked since monday. Spoke to a few from about 4 metres away from front door and everyone has paid online or left cash safe in a shed etc.

You need to give your head a wobble lol.

Postman etc still working and that's ok but we're a risk.

Starting to get on my nerves these idiots who think they know best.

I have a family to support and just spent all my savings trying to expand the business but at exactly the wrong time so how do you suggest I feed my family?

Stop trying to preach to those who have no choice.

Who wants to buy my spare van and work now this is happening so I am stuck with the situation. 

Yes when you realise how they die it’s not very pleasant , my daughter is a paramedic and has been on the ward where they are ??
If you wanna get realistic if people die and if it's not my family it doesn't affect me.

Harsh but true.

I am doing my best to keep everyone safe but whether it gives me grief on here or not my family is my priority not someone I don't know.

Yes it sounds harsh but unless the government can do something definitive for us what choice do i have as my family has to come first as that is how life works.

What else can I do.?

High risk is not wfp with bacs payment or cash left in a bag even. I put throwaway gloves on too. High risk is certain groups still hugging and kissing en masse/ get togethers and partying together in someones house/people going to shop/supermarket and handling all the stuff/ people crammed together on tubes etc. So basic shouldnt even need a discussion to be honest.

Looks like Nicola Sturgeon may have done a full U-turn stating that the new legislation brought in today, saying only people that should be going to work are those that are essential, details will be fully outlined later today, no doubt as the numbers have jumped right across Scotland she also said numbers had been previously incorrectly calculated 
Hey, trying to find this, could you link please ?

Ordered a Chinese to my house. the Chinese driver pulls up and walks to the door and I walked out to meet him. 

He started shouting isolate isolate. 

I said mate calm down your not that late I only ordered half an hour ago?????

I tell you what I seen pics I shed the excel and anyone taking this lightly is silly! Why are they setting up many halls with beds everywhere round the country? The amount of beds indicates 10s of thousands to die. The government need to support every person working, earning loads to those starting out making hardly anything. Everyone is entitled. I’ve had a customer today ask mr if I’m out I said no per my FB PAGE it’s not her day till next week anyway, she replied I’ll get someone else. People, just can not work them out. Some selfish nasty people about. 

I tell you what I seen pics I shed the excel and anyone taking this lightly is silly! Why are they setting up many halls with beds everywhere round the country? The amount of beds indicates 10s of thousands to die. The government need to support every person working, earning loads to those starting out making hardly anything. Everyone is entitled. I’ve had a customer today ask mr if I’m out I said no per my FB PAGE it’s not her day till next week anyway, she replied I’ll get someone else. People, just can not work them out. Some selfish nasty people about. 
Sorry mate, that's the worst thing you need! To be honest, though, long term she wouldn't have been a good customer but that's not much consolation the now.

Sorry mate, that's the worst thing you need! To be honest, though, long term she wouldn't have been a good customer but that's not much consolation the now.
No you are right! It’s madness, people want you to come risk yourself and my family, losing faith. Need money in now and no support from government at all. It’s crazy. We will be the last to be helped. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve just faced timed my 10 year old daughter, who lives with her mother, I haven’t seen her in a week and still another 3 to go as they are all in isolation because her mother has shown symptoms of the virus.Now let me get this straight I can’t stand the bloody women hence why we’re divorced, I suppose most can’t stand their ex’s but I still talk to her and I certainly don’t want her to die ,I’ve just spoke to her for a moment and she looks and sounds absolutely terrible, constantly coughing says she’s got very high temperature, a banging headache, aching all over and even struggling to breathe at times. 
I am going to struggle financially as I am sure everyone on here is,but anyone on here who is going to peoples houses and cleaning windows needs to have a word with themselves. It’s killing people and making people very,very ill.

You can take all the precautions you like, wear gloves, ask them to open gates but this virus finds away. 

Just bite the bullet for a few weeks. I just wish Boris had been more clearer to save all this confusion and arguments.

I’ve  texted most of my customers and every single one of them have praised me, some even giving me the money now for future cleans.

They know it’s going to hit us hard in the pocket but health and family come first for me and should for everyone else on here .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,  there's the saying   ' if in doubt,  leave it out '  personally I'm taking an early holiday , and let things develop , too much conflicting information at the moment,  ultimately it is up to the individual if they work or not .

Latest Posts

Back