Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are window cleaners still allowed to work during Coronavirus (Covid-19)?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I think even i have to agree now. Our suppliers will be closing im 99% certain. No resin, backpacks, no van system repairs, etc etc. Not to mention the risk of a hefty fine we could do without. Currently asking around to see what other businesses of the same nature are doing but i think its safe to say we will be taking an enforced breather for 3 weeks

They’ve just said on the bbc news channel that there is a list of key workers that was released a couple of days ago. If your job is not on there, which it isn’t, then we’re not working I’m afraid.

I think even i have to agree now. Our suppliers will be closing im 99% certain. No resin, backpacks, no van system repairs, etc etc. Not to mention the risk of a hefty fine we could do without. Currently asking around to see what other businesses of the same nature are doing but i think its safe to say we will be taking an enforced breather for 3 weeks
I agree.

As much as I’ve got some good jobs booked in for the next couple of weeks, they’ll have to be rearranged for when we’re allowed to be able to work.

By going to work and not talking to more than one customer at once, we aren’t breaking b any laws. Seems black & white to me.

Think anyone with 3 in the van you’ll probably have to keep one at home 

Exactly what I came on here to ask! I feel like we are not a risk as we don’t have to come into contact with anyone with the correct precautions in place  but at the same time I feel like we’d potentially be made to feel very uncomfortable if our in the street. I’m at a loss! 

Unfortunately, our job is not essential. That’s the key thing here.

They just said on bbc news that if your job isn’t on the government’s list of key workers, then you’re to stay at home.

I'm trying to figure out how this will effect me. I can put things in place not to have any contact with customers. But I need to work...they are not supporting self employed! So can I work? 

I'm confused! I can distance from all customers, put things in place. They are not supporting self employed. I need to work! As a family been isolating and distancing. Can I work?

Latest Posts

Back