Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

back packs???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

- but then again i know nothing about backpacks /emoticons/smile.png

All you need to know is that they are......

much-of-a-muchness....weedkiller/crop sprayers......majority come from China........cheap if bought in bulk..... and most importantly.....

prices hiked-up when re-branded as 'Window Cleaning Backpacks'.

Check and see what jets your using in the brush that shouldn't happen however the pressure on the pump is set too high and you can't adjust it so pump doesn't cut out properly it pulses when water is cur and sucks air into hose the technology is there with good leisure batteries and pumps but they could be made better
ye thats another thing the pump does not cut out. annoying.

My homemade one cuts out as soon as i turn the tap i have on the hose

I think it's a lot better to make something yourself as you know 100% how it is built and troubleshooting is easy

Same with van mounts

never use my gardeners one empties to quick even on slowest setting.

ye thats another thing the pump does not cut out. annoying.
Hi there

Which backpack version do you have. The current V3 version on its slowest setting runs at about 0.35lpm which is usually far slower than anyone needs for window cleaning. Also if the pump does not cut out it means that the pressure switch is not working - either this can be adjusted to operate or it would need replacing if still under warranty. Let me know and I can look into this for you.

Can someone tell me if I ordered a Gardiner backpack and pole if the hose include with the pole is adequate to join to the backpack or is it worth ordering an extra length of hose??

Many thanks

I have had one apart and can't see a pressure switch on the new ones

There is no access to a pressure switch on a V3.
Hi Poles Apart

There is a pressure switch on the V3 backpack pumps - it is located on the end of the pump and can be adjusted by way of the cross-head screw on the end.

To access this you will need to remove the base grill from the backpack and loosen off the feet on the backpack so that the pump head can be accessed with a screw-driver. If the pump is not shutting off fast enough then the screw will need turning anti-clockwise until it shuts-off quickly - usually within 4-8 seconds of shutting the valve off. Once adjusted it should not need this screw adjusting again. The majority of backpack users do not need to ever adjust this, but it is there if needed.

Hi Poles Apart
There is a pressure switch on the V3 backpack pumps - it is located on the end of the pump and can be adjusted by way of the cross-head screw on the end.

To access this you will need to remove the base grill from the backpack and loosen off the feet on the backpack so that the pump head can be accessed with a screw-driver. If the pump is not shutting off fast enough then the screw will need turning anti-clockwise until it shuts-off quickly - usually within 4-8 seconds of shutting the valve off. Once adjusted it should not need this screw adjusting again. The majority of backpack users do not need to ever adjust this, but it is there if needed.
Hi Poles Apart

Thankyou, I had the grill off and couldn't see it obviously those feet need to be removed.

Hi there
Which backpack version do you have. The current V3 version on its slowest setting runs at about 0.35lpm which is usually far slower than anyone needs for window cleaning. Also if the pump does not cut out it means that the pressure switch is not working - either this can be adjusted to operate or it would need replacing if still under warranty. Let me know and I can look into this for you.
not a clue what one it is had it a few years now. these were the ones you were selling without the battery

Can someone tell me if I ordered a Gardiner backpack and pole if the hose include with the pole is adequate to join to the backpack or is it worth ordering an extra length of hose??Many thanks
get extra hose or you will be moving the backpack all the time. when pole is extendedit will take up most of the pole hose. higher the pole goes the more hose goes inside the pole.

not a clue what one it is had it a few years now. these were the ones you were selling without the battery
This will be an older V2 version then that you have. It sounds like the pressure switch on the pump has either stuck or has failed. It would be worth trying to loosen the adjustment screw back a couple of turns to see if this works.

The current V3 version does have a lot slower flow rate when used on the minimum setting compared to the older V2.

This will be an older V2 version then that you have. It sounds like the pressure switch on the pump has either stuck or has failed. It would be worth trying to loosen the adjustment screw back a couple of turns to see if this works.
The current V3 version does have a lot slower flow rate when used on the minimum setting compared to the older V2.
Thanks Alexander. Where can one find the elusive adjustment screw.?

Back