Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Backpack video

WCF

Help Support WCF:

steve garwood

ginger lion
Good morning gents.
I’ve mentioned before on here that my backpack is really sluggish now and takes a while for the water to get to the brush.
It’s years old so can’t complain.
I see on the Gardiners website they do an internal strainer for the pump. I’m thinking of taking my backpack apart to see if mine has one and if it’s blocked.
If not, a new battery might be in order.
So a couple of things, has anyone got the link of Alex taking the backpack apart that was on here a while back.
Secondly, I think I remember someone posting a link of a suitable battery at a more reasonable price, so if anyone has that I’d be grateful.
Thanks in advance for any help ???‍?

@THL4KEL may know I think he had his old one apart on occasions, he also said the new ones aren't as well built as the older ones and has had replacement parts sent out and he hasn't had it all that long either

Good morning gents.
I’ve mentioned before on here that my backpack is really sluggish now and takes a while for the water to get to the brush.
It’s years old so can’t complain.
I see on the Gardiners website they do an internal strainer for the pump. I’m thinking of taking my backpack apart to see if mine has one and if it’s blocked.
If not, a new battery might be in order.
So a couple of things, has anyone got the link of Alex taking the backpack apart that was on here a while back.
Secondly, I think I remember someone posting a link of a suitable battery at a more reasonable price, so if anyone has that I’d be grateful.
Thanks in advance for any help ???‍?
this might be the video

I seem to remember the battery came from Screwfix or Toolstation. They are just 12v 12Ah lead acids I think, only difference is size and you can just measure the one in the backpack to check. Just had a quick look and only Toolstation are listing a 12Ah battery but out of stock and £32. Gardiners are £23 + Vat and + P&P so not much difference!

The issues I have had with the backpack are the - charger, on/off switches failing/ internal wiring (not soldered very well) and breaking free. The strainer at the top where you pour in the water seems to work ok. Never thought about putting in another one inside it.

Steve is it sluggish when you turn it on maximum setting?

The issues I have had with the backpack are the - charger, on/off switches failing/ internal wiring (not soldered very well) and breaking free. The strainer at the top where you pour in the water seems to work ok. Never thought about putting in another one inside it.

Steve is it sluggish when you turn it on maximum setting?
Yes. Sluggish on the maximum button and when the controller is fully turned up.
It’s no big deal as I hardly use it, but I’d still like it sorted

Little update on my backpack. Just fitted a new battery, no difference ?.
Checked the strainer at the bottom of the tank, clear.
Do you reckon a new pump might do it?

Little update on my backpack. Just fitted a new battery, no difference ?.
Checked the strainer at the bottom of the tank, clear.
Do you reckon a new pump might do it?
May as well throw the parts cannon at it. :ROFLMAO:

The only things left is the pump, electronic controller and the switch.

Is the female stop on the hose opening correctly when your pole hose is connected?

May as well throw the parts cannon at it. :ROFLMAO:

The only things left is the pump, electronic controller and the switch.

Is the female stop on the hose opening correctly when your pole hose is connected?
Do you mean the rectus fitting?

Off to the pub now so will look in on this later ??

Back