Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best company for fitted van systems?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chad Lewis

Hi guys and girls,

I'm looking for a fitted van system to get started up.

I worked the poles with my uncle a while back and have always wanted to set up myself.

i have a transit custom 290 2016. I would like a decent set up so i dont need to upgrade later on down the line.

Also i need a set up that can fill a 500 tank asap.

Any advice on who to give a call for a quote???

I appreciate a lot of you install yourself but i wont be doing so, many thanks in advance.

Chad ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding your van system, what do you want, something with all the whistle and flutes or a basic delivery system. General belief, as far as I'm concerned, is Grippatank for the first, Pure Freedom / Waterworks for the second

Hi Part Timer, thank you for your reply. 

I was looking to spend around £4000. I called Pure Freedom earlier and was quoted £5200 for a fitted system with a 500 tank with all the bits. 2 hose reels and a external electric socket. I'm new to all this so i dont want to go paying over the odds. 

I would rather have a above average system if possible, but im trying to stick to my budget. 

Now im thinking shall i just push to the £5200 and have a well equipped fitted system. Filling the tank up as fast as possible is a must also. 

Any sort of advice or recommendations are appreciated ? 

I would advise you to shop around and don’t be afraid to negotiate.

I used Grippatank for a delivery system and I can’t fault their excellent customer service.Have had the system installed for over a year now and it’s been faultless.

Aye, you a hundred miles from Grippatank which is good if you have any teething problems. I bought a hot water system from Grippa 6 months ago and can't fault it. I paid £10k but the only thing it doesn't do is clean the windows for me. It was a bit of over kill because I only had 50 customers but i knew with past experience it would grow each month. I now have 100 and the reason is mainly to do with wfp. I now can take on any window cleaning job under 40 feet.

Grippatank for me, had a 500 litre double Di system fitted 3 years ago. Very pleased, never missed a day's work.( Never even charged the battery) Safe, crash tested. And just under £4000 as I recall.

Ime sure Grippatank would do it cheaper than that give them a ring , there systems are far better than pure freedom lower centre of gravity and well baffled and crash tested 

Last edited by a moderator:
It will also depend on your tap tds as in if its 150ppm upwards they may have recommended you need a 40/40 for pure water production or did you get a quote for a delivery system only I am guessing not

Hi Part Timer, thank you for your reply. 

I was looking to spend around £4000. I called Pure Freedom earlier and was quoted £5200 for a fitted system with a 500 tank with all the bits. 2 hose reels and a external electric socket. I'm new to all this so i dont want to go paying over the odds. 

I would rather have a above average system if possible, but im trying to stick to my budget. 

Now im thinking shall i just push to the £5200 and have a well equipped fitted system. Filling the tank up as fast as possible is a must also. 

Any sort of advice or recommendations are appreciated ? 
I promise you, whilst the Grippatank will look a lot better, and could well be very slightly better, it won't  however be within £2k for like for like.

i bought a 500L pure freedom tank and frame and got my local garage to fit it in my van for £80 then i got grippatank to fit me their retro fit 9kw hot water system

hot water system(including fitting).....£4.5k

500l tank & frame(including fitting).....£600

pure freedom electric reel......£600

total cost......£5,700(i already had poles and DI vessels)

add on another £300  for 100m hot water hose,commercial numax charger,musun rings and piping(for pole holders)and various other bits and bobs.....so £6k for the best system on the market,hot water on tap every day and frost prevention to boot.....?

Waterworks would be just over 3/3.5 max k for a 700 with two electric reels. Cold system but had no bother with it reels are great also

Hi,

I have recently bought a new van (Ford Transit Custom) and require it to be fully kitted out with tank and pumps. Can anyone recommend some places that install this please? I'm from Brighton.

Thanks in advance

Back