Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best hot water hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ive been using the PU hot and cold from Gardiner really good i was sceptical as i always had reinforced and found it quite thicker to work with for fittings especially O clips and stretch in warmer weather which caused univalve issues changed to PU hot and cold and its been great and tough

Hang on…. So people are using pole hose in 100m lengths as a reel hose… I don’t even know what to say to that. Certainly unexpected.

I am going to give one from Daqua a go. I need some resin anyways.
I use the standard yellow 6mm one from Daqua.
I only use my hot when it’s icy, but the hose has been absolutely fine

Hang on…. So people are using pole hose in 100m lengths as a reel hose… I don’t even know what to say to that. Certainly unexpected.

I am going to give one from Daqua a go. I need some resin anyways.
I spoke to Exceed a few years ago about using their pole hose as reel hose. They felt confident in it, though I don’t use hot. Has anyone got extensive use of pole hose? Would certainly make the hoseless setup a lot easier.

I spoke to Exceed a few years ago about using their pole hose as reel hose. They felt confident in it, though I don’t use hot. Has anyone got extensive use of pole hose? Would certainly make the hoseless setup a lot easier.
Been using it for years, red one from Exceed. Never had any problem bar that time I had a fight with a rose bush. Ended up with a pin hole in the hose and should have tried a bit of superglue in it but I went with straight joint. In the end I replaced the whole hose because it was years old and fitted 100m yellow hose on other reel. Light and easy to work with, don't know why everyone not working with it. ?

Shurflo wouldn’t warrant their pumps if used with 6mm hose going sometime back. But with the new spring controllers it sets the required pressure but 5 mm will put a lot of strain on the pump.
My pump went with the big thermal hose after a year. I think they are like gas boiler pumps, can last for years or break after a year. The best way to prevent pumps breaking is to run them every day, the reason mine went was because I was only using one hose reel on a two man system. Now I run both every day I'm cleaning. ?

Back