Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best Washer Sleeve for Retaining Water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Peter J

Which washer sleeve holds the most water? I don’t need it to be the best scrubber I need it to hold as much water as possible. So far I’ve only tried Ettore and Unger Monsoon. Has anyone found anything that holds more water or any they prefer over others?

Moerman blue Microfibre sleeve is by far the best for water retention and scrubs well

Do you know if the Golden Glove holds more?
id be suprised if it did.The trouble with the ettore is it holds a ton but dont let it go easily,kills your arm after a while . i personally like a very light sleeve that SYR made it is blue/white,helluva dripper but very coarse fibres so scrubs well

Moerman blue Microfibre sleeve is by far the best for water retention and scrubs well
that doesnt hold as much as the ettore .i had a moerman but soon got rid,it had a cool colour but was a really loose fit on an unger t bar . i do know non of the unger range hold a ton of water including that grey one i forget its name,it was meant to be something special when it came out but was not. Bit like that grey handle squeegee Unger brought out same time,that was a duffer too_One tip i can give if you have an Unger swivel Tbar,the one with green handle if you drill the metal handle 3mm hole in the metal near the end itll hold water inside the handle Tbar and let it out as you work so to speak

Last edited:
that doesnt hold as much as the ettore .i had a moerman but soon got rid,it had a cool colour but was a really loose fit on an unger t bar . i do know non of the unger range hold a ton of water including that grey one i forget its name,it was meant to be something special when it came out but was not. Bit like that grey handle squeegee Unger brought out same time,that was a duffer too_One tip i can give if you have an Unger swivel Tbar,the one with green handle if you drill the metal handle 3mm hole in the metal near the end itll hold water inside the handle Tbar and let it out as you work so to speak
I’m definitely trying that. I think it’s the Ninja stuff you’re talking about, I don’t see what’s so special about it.

Which washer sleeve holds the most water? I don’t need it to be the best scrubber I need it to hold as much water as possible. So far I’ve only tried Ettore and Unger Monsoon. Has anyone found anything that holds more water or any they prefer over others?
@Peter J I’ve tried a few and think the Ettore Golden Glove is good for retaining water. It can however make the t-bar quite heavy. Plastic t-bars are usually ridged with water wells so will also help retain much more water rather than aluminium t-bars. Apologies if I’m stating the obvious to you mate.

Is this the one you mean 35cm Tiger Sleeve - SYR
that the right name but they must have ]changed the design,the ones i have [bought yrs back]are stripey.As long as its the same material theyd be ok. the ones i have the fur [once its broken in ]has a coarseness to them that lifts off dots well . Another sleeve worth a look into is pulex microtiger a lad who works for me swears by that one, red/white, i find its too heavy for me. i remember when i started out 16yrs back i bought a lot of different sleeves i came into the biz too late to get the original design green/white unger monsoon which was legendary by all accounts , i tried the newer version but it was no good and eventually settled on that SYR which was a big dripper its true but coarse fibres i liked and i then bought about 20 as a stash ,overtime theyv worn out of course different employees had them and some didnt hand them in when they left but iv still a few left in my van

Last edited:
Thanks for this info guys,
I don’t mind heavy. I’ve got a big regular clean where part of it I have to put a ladder up to a huge balcony then I walk along cleaning a load of Georgian windows (she insists on trad as it’s original glass) even if I fill my boab by the time I get to the last few I’m starting to dry out and as it’s such a nightmare to get to it’s a bit risky to lug a bucket up there.
that the right name but they must have ]changed the design,the ones i have [bought yrs back]are stripey.As long as its the same material theyd be ok. the ones i have the fur [once its broken in ]has a coarseness to them that lifts off dots well . Another sleeve worth a look into is pulex microtiger a lad who works for me swears by that one, red/white, i find its too heavy for me. i remember when i started out 16yrs back i bought a lot of different sleeves i came into the biz too late to get the original design green/white unger monsoon which was legendary by all accounts , i tried the newer version but it was no good and eventually settled on that SYR which was a big dripper its true but coarse fibres i liked and i then bought about 20 as a stash ,overtime theyv worn out of course different employees had them and some didnt hand them in when they left but iv still a few left in my van
this one?35cm Winwash Sleeve c/w Winwash Handle - SYR

I don’t mind heavy. I’ve got a big regular clean where part of it I have to put a ladder up to a huge balcony then I walk along cleaning a load of Georgian windows (she insists on trad as it’s original glass) even if I fill my boab by the time I get to the last few I’m starting to dry out and as it’s such a nightmare to get to it’s a bit risky to lug a bucket up there.

this one?35cm Winwash Sleeve c/w Winwash Handle - SYR

using it the first few times the SYR tiger is at first el crappo ,fitting in with its low price ,but wash it and give it a few goes to break it in -suddenly ,,,WOW ...the fibres take on a coarseness [just like scrim in many ways] .SYR window gear is low end stuff generally but by chance by giving it yet another chance i found that true underdog to be my sleeve of choice

using it the first few times the SYR tiger is at first el crappo ,fitting in with its low price ,but wash it and give it a few goes to break it in -suddenly ,,,WOW ...the fibres take on a coarseness [just like scrim in many ways] .SYR window gear is low end stuff generally but by chance by giving it yet another chance i found that true underdog to be my sleeve of choice
I probably would never have even considered getting it as, like you say, it’s all pretty low end stuff but finding these little hidden gems is what makes this forum; that, and no one else wants to listen or discuss the finer technical points to window cleaning.

Could you take an extra boab filled with water so you carry more? That way you can rewet the applicator?

Surely pre mixed bottle of solution in one of your pouches would solve the problem?
I’ll be honest @Dave B and at the risk of sounding a bit simple, I never thought of that ?
I just need a little extra and thought there might be someone out there (which there was) who’d tried a few sleeves I haven’t that could hold a bit more in them. I try to stay off the ladders as much as possible and carry as little as possible up them.

Latest Posts

Back