Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

best wfp pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

best wfp pump shurflow or?
I can only speak from my experience with the pumps I have and tried.
Option 1 - If you're concerned about battery life or you have an old battery, recommend Streamflo Pump 4.5LPM suitable for residential
Option 2 - powerful pump high flow I would recommend VYAIR RV series 7 litres, only if you're doing very high level like 40 ft above or you have rinse bar that requires high flow.
Option 3 - what other members have suggested

im only doing residential max 3 storries i wont have the battery fitted n ill be doing it from a big car
A couple of things to consider. How much weight is your car rated to take? Overloading or poor load distribution of load can cause issues for brakes and steering let alone the legal implications. If you leave wet stuff or a tank/barrels full of water in the car over night in the winter it will cause condensation which might eventually soak the headlining, door panels, seats, carpet and electronics! Ideally take all the wet stuff out each night, drain the tank and dry it off.
You might be wise to charge the car battery each night as using the pump will flatten it more and if you don't do decent mileage over time the battery will be depleted.

Working out of a car does work, I used mine for 6 months when I started. Good Luck.

well i have a nissan note i was going to put the seats down and put a 250 litre water tank in the middle n run it off either a lessure battery or a motorbike batterty n charge it each night

well i have a nissan note i was going to put the seats down and put a 250 litre water tank in the middle n run it off either a lessure battery or a motorbike batterty n charge it each night
Make sure it's very well secured as that 250 lts could weigh over 1000kg in the event of a crash! Leisure batter is probably best as most motorbike batteries are quite low capacity and none (lead acids) should be discharged by more than 50% of their capacity.

already watched but iv'e just brought the 25 ft slx n water genie pump n controller not sure what bettery ill need tho

Would recommend watching this video for ideas as this guy doing it from a car

I hope this lad gets on well with the Mot tester at the garage as some want the seats in it's a bit of a grey area with some, it might be fine it might not be but I wouldn't want that set up with over 3/4 ton at my back.

@James102 if you went down this route it will be classified as a modification and your insurance company will need notifying also your insurance will need to change to business use otherwise you won't be insured.

i cant really afford a van i feel iv'e just spunked a grand on equipment i feel is no longer safe to use i was going to strap down the 250 l tank in the middle if the car with ties ect but i guess it's back to the drawing board

Ideally yes you need a van with a bulk head and a tank securely fitted or a fitting to securely hold barrels in place.
i cant really afford a van i feel iv'e just spunked a grand on equipment i feel is no longer safe to use i was going to strap down the 250 l tank in the middle if the car with ties ect but i guess it's back to the drawing board

Could do trad for a while, on the pole/ladders. At least that what I did when I first started until you have enough to purchase a van.

Latest Posts

Back